Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Douching with bleach water

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
I'm really worried about my best friend(my baby sister) who confided to me that she douches with bleach water. I told her I didn't feel it was a safe practice. She compared it to being just like going swimming in a pool that has chlorine. I want to know if there are potential risk. And can doing this be harmful or fatal even over time and in what way? As of yet I have not come across someone who can give me a straight answer that I may be able to better explain why she must stop this behavior! She has been doing this for a year almost that I know of, and she said she only does it when the smell comes back. I've never smelled her smelling bad thoe...She had contracted trichamonas and it never cleared up she said even with repeated antibiotics and leaving the guy that gave it to her. The Dr. just gives her metronidazole pills & gels repeatedly and she got fed up because every two weeks the discharge would come back, so she started douching with bleach and that seemed to do the trick for her but now she swears by it !!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank_you !
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied April 14th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
this is a bad idea..did she really get her condition cleared? did she take ALL antibiotics? is she REALLY not having sex with the guy that gave it to her bc if she has and he hasn't been treated she'll just get it again...i would definitely not recommend doing this
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply