Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

dont know whether the lady is +ve or -ve HIV.

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
User Profile
I am a man, living in the middle east, 2months ago i had oral sex with a Filipna girl, what i did only is closed mouth kissing for maximum 3 seconds, and i wear latex gloves while fingering her , there was no intercourse at all, we didn't do sex.... after few seconds of fingering her i have put my hand on my penis just to cover it and to prevent any intercourse to be happen... there was very small cut on the side of my penis caused before 1 or 2 minutes by my nail, but there was no blood going out from my penis...

what i am afraid if touching my penis with the latex gloves having some remaining vaginal liquid will transmit HIV to me. I dont know whether the lady is +ve or -ve HIV.

Cab you please help me and advise, i am so stressed not able to sleep always reading topics about this issue... i am really confused.

Do i need testing???

Appreciate your earliest reply,

Regards

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2011
HIV and AIDS Answer A27541
Hello and welcome to e health forum.

The description of the sexual act, with kissing or protected fingering does not indicate a high risk for HIV infection in your case. ‎Even though you did touch your penis with the fingers, it is not enough for transmission of HIV in your case.

Since there was no actual exchange of body fluids in proportions that matter for spread of infection, there is no need to be concerned about being infected.

There would be no need to test for HIV, as most likely it would be negative.

But in case, you are anxious and do want to get this episode behind you, you can choose to get tested for HIV antibodies via ELISA test, after 4 weeks after the exposure. This will help to calm your mind and get over your past.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.