Medical Questions > General Forum Topics > General Q and A Forum

Don't want to be pregnant

Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....
i am 18 and a virgin i have irregular periods some times 3 months with out a period. i took Provera from the 6 to the 13th of april on the 14th of april i had an encounter i didnt have sex but i think pre *** went on my upper thigh close to ma vagina. the next day i took pregnon emergency contraceptive (25 hours later i think) then on the 25 of april i had a heavy period last till the 2nd of May. ma doctor told me to come as soOn as i saw ma period but i didnt get to go then on the 14th - 22nd of may i had light bleeding that was red and medium blood cloths were coming out (sorry for tmi). ma doctor gave me progyluton and 2 days after the bleeding stop. between that time and yesterday i took 10 pregnancy test (8 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS) and they are all negative from different brands including clear blue. i am scared cuz the pill finished Saturday and yesterday i had another light Bleeding that is red and a few small blood cloths are coming out and a lot of cramping. but the cramping stopped today. ma doctor made me take a lh and fsh level test ma question is...do u think i am pregnant? what are the chances? i am so scared i DONT WANT TO BE PREGNANT. help me please. tell me what u think
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2009
Community Volunteer
not pregnant...10 tests and all are negative...
|

replied June 12th, 2009
then whats wrong with me:(
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Plus you are on birth control (the provera). That's what it's for. It's great you are being responsible (I wish more girls on here were like you), but don't worry yourself to death over it, either. If you want to be extra safe, especially to protect yourself from STDs, have the guy use a condom, as well.
|

replied June 12th, 2009
Thank You Myrah. but to be honest after this experience i dont think i ever want to start having sex until i am married. i am so scared cause when i search the net people say they dont get a positive until they are 3-4 months pregnant..i have no symptoms its just that i stop eating cause i am worried and scared and i really cant manage that i completed ma first year at university i have my life ahead of me i dont want to be pregnant Sad
|

replied June 12th, 2009
oh and the provera is not the depo-provera. this one was the pill the doctor gave me to try and regulate ma period.
|

User Profile
replied June 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Don't listen to the people who say they don't get a positive for 3 or 4 months. Read the directions for the test. They will tell you how soon after your missed period you can take the test for the most accurate result. I would guess that the women who didn't know for 3 or 4 months either didn't test correctly (didn't read the directions and follow them) or just didn't test at all.

I think you just have really irregular periods. That's not all that uncommon. Stay on the provera to regulate them and you should have fewer issues.

I think it's great that you want to wait to have sex until you're ready. When you have it is totally your choice. If you want to wait for marriage, that's great. If you decide sooner because you really love the guy, that's fine, too.

In the mean time, good luck with school. I really don't think you have anything to worry about pregnancy-wise.
|

replied June 18th, 2009
Very Happy thanx Myrah. the world needs more people like you. well i started a new pack of progyluton on monday so i have to wait....17 more days to go. please pray for me that i get ma regular flow and i am not pregnant. it u want i can add u to ma msn....or my yahoo
|

replied June 30th, 2009
hey i have 2 more pills left to go i should expect ma period 2-7 days after taking the pills and day 28 would be next week wednesday i am praying that i am not Pregnant. i am still stress about it. i have had no sighns or sypmtoms only thing is i start urinating more like 4 or 5 times for the day...ma friend says i am paranoid what do u think?
|

User Profile
replied July 1st, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Yeah, you are probably paranoid. Nerves can even make you pee a lot. Plus, women usually don't start the frequent urination until the baby gets big enough to press on the bladder.
|

replied July 1st, 2009
is peeing 2 times in 2 hours alot?
|

replied March 10th, 2010
thanks hey
|