Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Don't know what's wrong with me

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
So about 2 months ago I noticed I was getting more fatigued by the day. Since then I have been experiencing fatigue, intense alternating joint pain, headaches, neck pain, and nose bleeds. I've seen a rheumatologist and she has ruled out Lupus, RA and essentially anything rheumatology related. I am a 27 year old male, 6' 2", 200 pounds and am normally healthy besides recently. Having had some tests done most everything has come back normal except for my SED rate (esr) is at a whopping 115, my platelet level is about 15% below the normal low at 110 and apparently there is blood in my urine. I had a CT scan done today of my abdomen area and kidneys but so far I'm stumped and maybe even a little worried. Anyone who has experienced anything even close to this or anyone with any ideas I'd be greatly appreciative for feedback.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 14th, 2017
Welcome to e health forum.

From the history you seem to have a lot of medical symptoms, all of which have been evaluated in one way or the other by doctors and have found to be normal.

This would be a indicator that your symptoms are more of a functional nature, which is more common in patients with anxiety disorder, chronic fatigue disorders, or other psychiatric mood disorders.

Hence it would be highly recommended that you consult with a psychiatrist and this might help to manage your life better.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: lupus
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.