Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

Don't get period every month

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
Hi my name is Kaky, am 17 years old. I wanted 2 know why i dont get my menstrual period every single month. I always get my period every 3 or 4 month later. Its that normal or it their a cure for that. Please help. thank You. Rolling Eyes
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 14th, 2009
Especially eHealthy
Hi Kaky, Your periods are controlled by your hormone levels. Many things can affect your hormone levels: puberty, sleep habits, poor nutrition, weight loss, stress, strenuous exercise, super fitness, low body fat, medicine, physical problems and other things.

The average cycle length is normally 28 days. It is still considered normal between 22 and 35 days but if it outside those boundaries on a regular basis, it will be wise to visit your doctor.

Best of luck!!
|

replied April 16th, 2012
i am 22 years old n all my life i have had irregular periods i dnt get mine but maybe 5 times a year n sometimes they last long n otha times they dnt n last time i was on i got it twice in 1 month n i was wondering y this happens?
|