Medical Questions > Relationships > Pets and Animals Forum

Dog left in a car?

I'm sure that we would all agree that is plain criminal to leave a dog in the car during summer....what do you think about a dog in the car during nice weather? I would say no way under any circumstances...what do y'all think?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper lele25
|

User Profile
replied September 15th, 2009
Experienced User
i get sick and tired of going out to eat and seeing dogs in cars while the people are enjoying a LONG meal and we all know its at least an hour in and out and thats hurrying it should be outlawed for long periods as this i worked in vets and always took animals home for the night to give them a break from cages and sometimes had to pay to get gas or run in store for something so i know sometimes you rush in and out but for 20 30 minutes or longer no no no .
|

Experienced User
wow i just watched a movie (completly of topic) and people were gonna use a dog as bait for a crocadile and i started crying and screaming "NO" at the tv. Im so for animals i love them so much. I wudnt leave them in the car i would feel so bad, there human! would you like to sit in a car by urself? I understand weather issues and i guess if its a short meal then go for it but ..i heard many people of stealing dogs from cars so be carful!
|

User Profile
Supporter
i love animals! i was raised with a dog (german shepard mixed), a cat, gold fish, hamsters, turtles, frogs.
i feel like animals are people, and many animal lovers treat their pets like their own baby.
i feel like you should treat your animal as if it is your child.
so no, not even in good weather, because so many things can happen. for example if you have one of those expensive dogs, someone can break in your car and steal it.
|

replied October 11th, 2009
It depends on the weather and how long your dog will be kept in the car. If the car has any chance of heating up (or becoming too cold) with the windows cracked, it's not safe. If weather does permit for the safety of your animal, your animal should not be left unsupervised for more than 20 minutes - and that should only be in an emergency. There are other concerns beyond the temperature of the car.
|

replied January 19th, 2010
Experienced User
I disagree. I not only know many dogs that work with their owners but my dog LOVED to go for a ride with me almost as much as playing ball. What is the difference between waiting at hiome and waiting in the truck? The travel and all the cool stuff they get to see. It is something new each turn. If you don't believe me just watch your dog sleep after a day driving around. They LOVE it. Just watch the weather and time and always the people around. Don't go taking them to a bar parking lot ya know...
Yes they enjoy it.
bamm
|
Quick Reply