Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Allergies Forum

Does this wasp sting sound normal?

Must Read
What causes allergies? We review risk factors and common allergens in this intro to allergies section....
What causes an allergy? Who is more likely to develop allergies? More here....
Which allergy symptoms are serious signs of allergic reaction and which are merely bothersome? Common types of allergy symptoms and allergic reactions here....
I got stung over a week ago. The first day I had a 2 inch blotch. The second day my entire leg was swollen, bright red and hot (12 inch radius) and I had a terrible migraine with nausea and dizziness. The 5th day, the swelling moved down to my ankle, and my leg was still splotched over a 12 inch area. I ended up going to the hospital because I was also getting nauseous again and I felt like maybe I should have someone look at it to make sure the circulation was okay. I had already tried taking benadryl, applying cortisone and taking advil.

The ER doctor said that I "may" have cellulitis and strongly suggested that I take a full course of Keflex. I was hesitant at first since he wasn't positive, but it flared up again with burning and itching and I was also getting really tired and had joint pain on day 6 so I took it. Now I've taken the keflex for almost two days and I still have the swollen ankle and splotch. I'm also tired and have a stomach ache and may have a slight fever.

What should I do now? Should I continue to take the keflex? It doesn't seem to be helping.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 13th, 2011
Extremely eHealthy
hi, it does sound like cellulitis and keflex is the standard first treatment

keep taking the antibiotic, get some probiotics and take three hours later than the keflex and maybe ask about a corticosteroid shot like kenalog Generic Name: triamcinolone acetonide
good luck
|

replied August 17th, 2011
ok maybe your allergic to bees??
|