Medical Questions > Cancer > Bone Cancer Forum

Does that type of symptom just appear?

User Profile
I woke up today and noticed that my left radius is sore. It does not seem to be muscular, as it does not hurt to flex the muscle at all. I do not remember banging my arm yesterday either. The pain and tenderness is evident when my arm is pressed on over the radius, right in the middle of my forearm. As a hypochondriac and someone who knows 2 women with bones cancer, the first thing I thought of is bone cancer. Does that type of symptom just appear? What else could be causing this?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 11th, 2011
Bone Cancer Answer A25918
Hello,
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out. Pain in the forearm can arise from injury or inflammation that affects any of the tissues of the forearm, including the muscles, bones, blood vessels and tendons. It can be due to tendonitis or inflammation of the tendon at the elbow that radiates down through the arm.

I suggest you to apply cold compresses and take some anti inflammatory pain killers after prescription from your doctor. Give complete rest to the part and avoid doing any activity which causes any further damage.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Bone Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.