Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Does taking oxycontin affect your sex drive?

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I have been with my boyfriend now for about 8 months.I am 5 months pregnant with his baby.The problem is that we stopped having sex about 3 months ago.My boyfriend is taking oxycontin for a bad neck injury that happened 2 years ago,he says that the oxycontin decreases his sex drive,is this true?I try to make him feel in the mood but its like hes not sexually attracted to me,thats what i think anyway or he is seeing someone else.He tells me all the time that im beautiful and all that,and i love him dearly and know he loves me.He is only 29 years old,so im thinkin its not normal for him to not want sex,or is it?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied September 5th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi Wendyann,

Apparently prior to you getting pregnant, oxycontin wasn't a problem for your boyfriend's sex drive right? Could he not be ready to man up the the responsibility of being a father? Whereas, oxycontin is very addictive and can cause psychological disorders, perhaps even sexual disorders...was he taking this drug prior to getting you pregnant? If so you may want to inform your doctor of this, that is a very potent drug and you want to be sure it doesn't affect your baby. Your boyfriend needs to get off that medication and get to a thearpist for his 2 year old neck injury or another medication. Could he be addicted to the oxycontin and using the 2 year old neck injury as an excuse to stay on it because he likes the way it makes him feel? Just asking.

Good Luck,

Faded Rose
|

replied May 13th, 2011
Yes theonger he takes them .. The less sex drive he will hav .. It's not u it's the drug !! Trust me I took them for back pain for 4 years .. Had back surg .. Went off them .. Which was he'll .. But I now have a sex drive again .. Cidoxon .. Spelling not correct .. But will get him off opiates .. Fix the pain .. And the sex drive ...
|

replied May 13th, 2011
Yes theonger he takes them .. The less sex drive he will hav .. It's not u it's the drug !! Trust me I took them for back pain for 4 years .. Had back surg .. Went off them .. Which was he'll .. But I now have a sex drive again .. Cidoxon .. Spelling not correct .. But will get him off opiates .. Fix the pain .. And the sex drive ...
|

replied May 1st, 2012
At first my boyfriend and i both took oxycodone,,and enjoyed it very much as far as sexually.but as time went by he couldnt get an errection.soooooo yeah its the meds goodluck....
|