I work in a school and the room I have been in has had a gas leak. I think it is a mix of butane and propane gas. It was not a big leak and I was told to open a window and it would be repaired at a certain point. This was a month ago.
I have been getting really bad headaches over the last two weeks. They have been tear your hair out and scream headaches just between my eyes. I have also had tingles down my left arm (it started feeling really weak) and aches up and down my left leg.
They have now switched the gas off at the mains and the headaches are easing although they have not gone away. The problems with my arm and leg has disappeared.
Has this damaged me irreversibly in any way, should I see my doctor, or will the symptoms go eventually?? I have tried to find answers on the web but they all link to solvent abuse and this was a small leak that I was breathing in not a huge concentration. I did not hallucinate at any point or feel dizzy.
Along with nausea and dizziness, headache is known to be caused by inhalation of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (mixture of butane, propane and other gases)
How are you feeling now?
Did the headache subside?
Do you have other complaints or medical problems?
I feel fine now. It took about three days for the headache to clear completely. The pain went quite quickly but it still felt tender for a while. I have had no other symptoms so hopefully I have not done any permenant damage.