Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Headache and Migraines Forum

headaches after gas leak

Must Read
We burp, belch and fart an average of 12 times a day. But why do we have gas? And what is intestinal gas?...the basics here....
Intestinal gas forms from two main sources - swallowed air and bacteria in the intestine. Plus, learn which factors to avoid to decrease the likelihood of gas....
How much gas is normal? Usually symptoms of gas and flatulence are more bothersome than serious. But learn when you should seek help for excessive gas here....
Hi

I work in a school and the room I have been in has had a gas leak. I think it is a mix of butane and propane gas. It was not a big leak and I was told to open a window and it would be repaired at a certain point. This was a month ago.

I have been getting really bad headaches over the last two weeks. They have been tear your hair out and scream headaches just between my eyes. I have also had tingles down my left arm (it started feeling really weak) and aches up and down my left leg.

They have now switched the gas off at the mains and the headaches are easing although they have not gone away. The problems with my arm and leg has disappeared.

Has this damaged me irreversibly in any way, should I see my doctor, or will the symptoms go eventually?? I have tried to find answers on the web but they all link to solvent abuse and this was a small leak that I was breathing in not a huge concentration. I did not hallucinate at any point or feel dizzy.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 5th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
For how long you were exposed to that gas? Days or few hours?
Have you experienced eyes and throat irritation?
|

replied March 5th, 2008
Gas Leek
No irritations just a headache. I was beathing it in for about 6 hours every day for two weeks (at least headache lasted two weeks) It could have been leeking longer and I had no symptoms.
|

User Profile
replied March 17th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Along with nausea and dizziness, headache is known to be caused by inhalation of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (mixture of butane, propane and other gases)
How are you feeling now?
Did the headache subside?
Do you have other complaints or medical problems?
|

replied March 17th, 2008
Gas
I feel fine now. It took about three days for the headache to clear completely. The pain went quite quickly but it still felt tender for a while. I have had no other symptoms so hopefully I have not done any permenant damage.
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
I'm glad you feel fine.
Best wishes!
Marija
|

replied January 8th, 2012
we live in an old aprtement in LA, me and my son are experiencing really bad nose problem and also coughing I thought we got cold but it have been like this for more then 30 days.

I want to know what is the symptoms of gas leak in house cause this place has a gas heater its never on cause its not that cold.

Thanks
|