Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Does anyone remember a girl here who died of anorexia?

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
User Profile
I'm sure that back when I used to lurk, a few years ago now, there was a girl that posted here who said she was living on the streets and used to post from library computers and suchlike.

She had anorexia and one day a nurse posted to say she'd died.

Anyone remember this? Was it for real or am I remembering a different forum? Embarassed I think Voodoocita (sp sorry) used to chat with her?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2008
Active User, very eHealthy
Yes, I do remember Sarah very well. Such a kinda girl, she didn't deserve to die. I used to talk to her and she was pretty close to me...
She died on July 16th, 2006, at the age of 15. She might be gone, but her lesson will prevail.
|
Users who thank v00d00cita for this post: Jules 

User Profile
replied November 8th, 2008
Supporter
Hi
I too remember Sarah very well. She wrote to me on several occasions. How I wish she'd lived closer, she would still be with us today. She had to grow up fast and I feel her short life was taken out from under her. She did know we cared about her here!
|
Users who thank Fairy Godmother for this post: Jules