Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Forum

Does anyone know if ligament stretching from devices works?

Must Read
Learn the basics about carpal tunnel syndrome here: causes, risk factors and complications....
Are some people born with carpal tunnel? More here on what can cause carpal tunnel syndrome and who is at risk of developing the condition....
Carpal tunnel syndrome is accompanied by very clear signs and symptoms. But how do symptoms change as the syndrome progresses? More info here....
User Profile
In particular ctrac?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper User Profile CarolineEF
|

User Profile
replied February 17th, 2011
Community Volunteer
Hi NickNac: I would not use anything such as this without talking with my physician...Once damage is done, it cannot be remedied...Take care...

Caroline
|

replied September 21st, 2011
Experienced User
I used the C TRAC for 2 weeks and had to send it back because it caused more pain than it was worth. They say that 75% of people have success with it, but maybe I'm too old (like an old chicken is not tender anymore) as I am pushing 60, so maybe my ligament is just too darn old! If I was younger with this Carpal Tunnel problem maybe it might have worked or maybe if I had used it when the CTS was in a mild stage, not to the severe stage! Well, too late - already had the left hand done 4 weeks and cannot do a whole lot now without the wrist swelling up, turning red and causing pain but I sure hope it will heal or else who wants to give me a "wrist" transplant?
|

replied October 21st, 2011
Experienced User
Yes I know I have already contributed to this, and I have found out that the ligament is not supposed to be stretching - that is why they cut it, but I have also found that there are things out there that don't stretch the ligament but do help with all the other stuff in the hands and give them a stretching - muscles, etc, and they open up the blood flow so the hand can heal itself. You put this on at night while you are sleeping and I was so shocked the first night as I laid down to sleep with this on my right hand (the one that supposed to still need the surgery) and I could feel a wonderful warm sensation go from my wrist all the way down to my fingers and the hurts went away - even my slightly arthritic fingers stopped hurting with the increased blood flow and so did the cramping. So I would guess there must be ways to stimulate the body to heal itself as demonstrated by this invention!
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
Experienced User
What I used is called "The Carpal Solution" and works great for me who had severe in left hand and moderate in right with nerve conduction and EMG done in July - probably worse by time of left hand surgery in August. Right hand is great now and left has only improved with this "bandaid looking remedy" but heck if it works for someone why not try it??? Plus with what I spent on at least 30 other remedies and the co-pays and deductibles spent on the surgery on left hand, I could have bought a lifetime supply!
|
Quick Reply