Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

does anybody get leg pain with kidney stones?

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
does anybody get leg pain with kidney stone/s? i'm also getting tailbone pain and cramping in lower abdomen its like i can feel the stone there ive woken up a few times at night with a sharp pain down my right abdomen.my right kidney also aches.

i went to the doctors a few weeks back and i had blood and white cells in urine, so he treated me with a course of antibiotics,
i went back a week later as i was still getting pain and i just had white cells present so he said my urine off and gave me more antibiotics, my urine came back that there was no more action needed?

like i said above im getting these pains again now, can the stone of coursed and infection if there is a stone?

please share your kidney stone symtpoms?
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper rachael22
|

replied September 1st, 2012
Can have someone edit your post so it makes sense? I would like to know what you're trying to say as I have recently experienced thigh pain with my most recent stone.
|

replied December 14th, 2012
Firstly, Beeferer 'Can have someone edit your sentence' is not a good start when your about to belittle someone, Secondly I completely understand what is being said, the information is all there, only an idiot can't decipher a few typing errors there is just no need to be rude about it.

Rachel22 Did you find out what it was, iv had 3 infections in the last month, the dr said they have all come back clear, I have pain every now and again in my side and thigh but it's only been a few times and it's been a while inbetween & It doesn't last longer than 5 mins, I'm looking at google and it looks like kidney desease, I am worried as I have nearly every symptom on
http://www.nationalkidneycenter.org/chroni c-kidney-disease/symptoms/
I also get aches just above my hip bones every now and again, they come at night and go by the morning, I have put it all down to normal aches and cramps..
|

replied March 11th, 2013
Kidney Infection /Stones my experience
I was hoping to find a good answerer for Rachel22 problem. From experience Kidney infection / stones, do cause back pain to some degree. That's why the Dr. thumbs you on the back. I have had headaches,fever and general feeling real bad. Yesterday my hip was really hurting today my hip and leg, back and bladder area. I was looking to see if anyone else had leg pains with kidney stones. I do no that the Dr. at the ER told me stones only hurt when they are moving. I also am under the believe they are more painful for men.
|

replied March 18th, 2013
Yes! I have had 5 bouts of kidney stones over the past 30 years and I recall having leg pain for several weeks before the real serious kidney stone pain kicked-in. The pain is always in my right leg, and was worse at night and first thing in the morning. It also went up to my lower back at times. It was accompanied by a flu-ish like feeling (ie. upset stomach, frequent irregular bowl movements etc).

I mentioned this to a doctor at a walk-in clinic in Apr. 2009 (last time I had stones). He didn't respond, but gave that "yeah right, I think your crazy" sort-of look.

Drink plenty of water and stay active, and hopefully your stones will pass quickly.
|

replied June 10th, 2013
just recovering from surgery last week for a kidney stone removal. the last few days I've had off and on pain in my right calf, feels like leg cramps. mentioned this to my doctor today after he pulled out the stent that was inside me, just shrugged and had no idea if it was related to having a stent in me for the last week or not. I believe maybe it has something to do with nerves?? Maybe I should check into acupuncture or some other "alternative" medicine???
|

replied July 4th, 2013
I'm having pain in both legs right now. My knees are the worst. They are weak and feel sore and tired. It started with my stone but I can't find anything on the web that links this together. Anyone had this issue?
|

replied July 14th, 2013
I had pain in BOTH knees for almost a week after I was told I had a stone in the lower part of my right kidney. Then other day there was brown and red things floating around in my urine. I didn't inspect much because it was it public bathroom but the next day knee pain eased and 2 days later the pain was gone. I must still be fighting an infection because I've had fever for a week, but I started a round of macrobid so I'm hoping I'll be better soon. But I know that knee pain and it scary and weird.
|

replied July 14th, 2013
I had pain in BOTH knees for almost a week after I was told I had a stone in the lower part of my right kidney. Then other day there was brown and red things floating around in my urine. I didn't inspect much because it was it public bathroom but the next day knee pain eased and 2 days later the pain was gone. I must still be fighting an infection because I've had fever for a week, but I started a round of macrobid so I'm hoping I'll be better soon. But I know that knee pain and it scary and weird.
|

replied December 19th, 2013
I have kidney stones I passed one recently at work and I have one in my left kidney and since I passed a stone I''ve been having pain go down my left leg and across my lower abdomen is this associated with kidney stones?
|