Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Forum

doctors said that it may take 4-6 months ?

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
User Profile
I have taken numerous medications to lower my blood pressure over the past several months. For over a month, I have felt lightheaded, foggy and , at times, close to fainting. I have had many, many tests at the hospital with no negative reports. One of my doctors said that it may take 4-6 months for my body to adjust to my close to normal blood pressure. I am currently taking spirlactone (50mg twice a day), lisinopril 20mg, metoprolol 100mg and nefedipine 30mg.
Is it reasonable that it would take this long for my body to readjust? I've only recently returned to work and can't yet resume my exercise program.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2011
High Blood Pressure and Hypertension Answer A19233
Hi,
Welcome to the ehealthforum. I am glad to help you out. I do understand the mental and physical agony you're going through.

It does take sometime for the body to adjust to a lower blood pressure. However, you need to ensure that your blood pressure remains around 130/80 mmHg.

You also need to ensure that you keep on exercising regularly as it also tends to lower one's blood pressure and may be result in a decrease in the number of medications which you're taking.

I sincerely hope your symptoms should remit once your blood pressure is under control. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our High Blood Pressure and Hypertension , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.