Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

do you think this could be balemia?

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
so i have been depressed and stressed for a while now, and i don't eat much. i take a couple bite and i feel like my stomach is sooo full like i ate alot. and my dad and friends have to force me to eat, but its like i can't and if i do eat i feel like throwing up. i have no idea if its because im stressed and depressed do you think it could be.??! but i don't know i have been like this for like 3 or 4 months now if not more.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 22nd, 2012
Dealing with depression and a lot of stress can easily make someones appetite change. In your case it made you not hungry, which is extremely common.
My best guess is that your lack of appetite had just gone on long enough to make your stomach shrink, so therefore it would feel full much easier then before.
Also, 3 to 4 months of not really eating could have caused your body to automatically go into starvation mode. Basically, a switch in your mind turns on and convinces your body that you are starving, so your body then eats away at what it has, your fat and muscle.
This may be a really odd example, but people that were in concentration camps would never eat and the ones who survived and were free were starving...when they ate, their bodies could not handle it, and their stomachs exploded...(really depressing, I know)
I am not trying to use that to scare you or anything either =P I am just trying to better explain, that this is just how the body works.

You feel like throwing up, because you are being forced to eat more then what is comfortable for your stomach. So, you are not bulimic! When someone is bulimic they physically make themselves purge. The person is making a conscious decision to throw up, nothing else is causing this.
However, I would maybe try and get help for your depression and stress, because it sounds like it has clearly taken a toll on your body, and you don't want to let it get out of hand. I hope this helped you a little. If you have any questions I am always here to try and help figure them out =) hope to hear from you!
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply