Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

Do not feel hunger

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
I'm sixteen years old, and for the past three years I've had terrible stomach problems. They started pretty gradually, and then suddenly it got a lot worse. My problems? I do not feel hunger. Ever. ; I am in a lot of pain after eating meals, but my meals are TINY. ; Inability to eat because I feel nauseous.
Those are the main symptoms I have been showing. I've got a very low self-esteem as it is, but I never realised that this could be psychological. I suspected it a couple times, but brushed the idea off right away. I have recently noticed that I have been faking a lot of the pains to get out of eating larger meals.. and then my sister told me she thought I had an eating disorder.
My sister is bulemic, and I tried to deny it because I couldn't accept that we were in the same boat - I'd always thought she was so warped with her disorder. But it got me to thinking, and everything clicks.
I sometimes use my "stomach problems" as an excuse to skip meals, and I am so scared about getting fat.. I'm constantly wishing I was skinnier, even though I am rather thin. When people I think are thin try clothes of mine that are baggy on, they're too small for them, but I never thought i was skinnier than they were. I always think I'm wide, and fat, but I'm not.. I can't see what everyone else sees, and I've just been in denial of my own eating disorder for too long.

I don't know what to do. I've admitted it to myself, and my sister, but I can't tell anyone else.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied August 29th, 2009
Community Volunteer
This is what happens when you get an ulcer...Kind of like a hole in your stomach...Stop thinking your fat and start to eat...It is the only way that you will be able to feel good again....Good luck...

Caroline
|

replied September 29th, 2010
I don't feel that I have an eating disorder either. Matter of fact I want to gain wieght so bad. ITs like I jsut forget to eat becaue I don't feel hungry. I can go days at a time b4 I realize it. When i do eat I feel sick, because I haven't been eating. Its a vicious cycle, I wish I could end.
|

User Profile
replied October 1st, 2010
This I think is one factor of anorexia wherein you push yourself to be thinner and thinner to the point that you don't want to eat anymore. Curing this would be complex and again, a therapy pertaining to food, physical health and self esteem is needed.

It indeed will take time to regain normal and healthy figure and mindset but without starting a therapy over, this is going to be worse.

Good luck!
|