Medical Questions > Mental Health > Eating Disorders Forum

do i have an eating disorder?

Must Read
Anorexia nervosa is one of several eating disorders. But what is anorexia exactly and who does it affect? Get anorexia basics and facts in this short intro....
Although doctors don't the exact causes of anorexia, there are a few factors that put certain people at risk of developing the condition. Click here for more....
What are the most common signs of anorexia? We list the physical and behavioral symptoms of anorexia here and outline when to seek help....
Do i have an eating disorder?
hi,

basically im a 15 year old male, im 174cm and weigh around 65kg. i use to have problems with under-eating when i was around 13, and have always wanted to be thin (i used to be an overweight child). i now have the opposite problem i cant stop eating at weekends i eat well over 3000 calories a day yet still feel hungry, so has led to me becoming severely depressed as i still consider myself too fat. i now have an obsession with food and exercise, i workout 4 times a week for 90 minutes.

in short whats going on? how can i stop myself from being obsessed by food and eat less again?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 18th, 2012
I'm not a doctor and I cannot diagnose you over the internet. If you think that your behavior is unhealthy physically or mentally you should see a doctor. That said, what you are describing seems to be a binge eating disorder (http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/binge-ea ting-disorder/DS00608).

If you think that you have a binge eating disorder you should see a doctor for help. A binge eating disorder can be caused by biological issues, psychological issues, or environmental factors. While you can try to address the issue yourself, it will be better for you in the long run to have the support of your loved ones and/or a medical professional during your recovery process.
|

User Profile
replied March 22nd, 2012
anorexia, bulimia, eating disorder, weight
hey, go see a dietition! you should be eating 2000 calories a day and doing an even amount of exercise. i am struggling eating aswell. i had 2 slices of toast with flora and a cup of milk yesterdays lunch because i had football after lunch and kayaking after school. football wasnt on so i did 100 sit ups and 50 leg ups per leg and 50 arm ups per arm. i purged my dinner because i didnt go kayaking. this is not what your meant to be doing but i am over 70kg in weightso i need to but your half my size so you should eat properly. i am tierd and miseerable and feel as though im losing friends slowly. i dont want this for you. im doing my a-levels and i am not doing well.your still very young . eat properly and find some help because you have a lot to live for Smile good luck
|