Medical Questions > Cancer > Brain Cancer Forum

Do I have a Brain Tumor?

Must Read
Brain basics here - what is a tumor and how do doctors understand brain cancer? ...
What puts you at risk of developing brain cancer? Review the most common risk factors for brain cancer so that you can be informed....
Brain cancer symptoms are wide ranging and various. Look out for these common symptoms of brain cancer and learn when you should seek medical help....
About 5 days ago my hearing in my left ear started to fade. Last year I have similar hearing loss but it was becuase of ear wax. I dont know if it is because of ear wax now. Also in ballet class we bent back and I started seeing black, and felt dizzy, but i could hear and was aware of everything around me. It only last a few seconds. Today it happened twice! Just today I have felt slight sinus pressure, but I have had a cough and runny noes for a while. Also I have had headaches when I get a little tired at night. They are dull and go away sometimes if I take tylonal(spelling?). Also sometime, very rarely, my left eyes has spasims that i can feel but know one else sees. I am soooo nervous about having a brain tumor! I am only a 13 year old girl and haven't talked to my parents yet. What should I do? And could I have a brain tumor?!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 26th, 2011
While it is unlikely that the symptoms you describe are due to a brain tumor, only a CT scan or MRI scan of the brain can rule-out a brain tumor.

You should ask your parents to take you to see your doctor. If your doctor examines you and is concerned about the possibility of a brain tumor (or other brain abnormality), then he/she can order the appropriate tests.

Sincerely,

Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

Author, "A Cancer Prevention Guide for the Human Race"

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Brain Cancer , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.