Medical Questions > Mental Health > Sleep Disorders Forum

Dizziness while trying to fall asleep

For the past few months when i lay down to go to bed i get a dizzy feeling. No matter what way i turn or how much i move i still feel dizzy. It makes it hard for me to fall asleep and when i wake up i still feel tired and a little nauseous. what could be the causes of this and could it be something serious? Please help.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 27th, 2009
Experienced User
Are you not eating enough? I think you should see a doctor to be sure you are ok.
|

replied April 6th, 2010
sleep disorders
i''ve been reading a lot about this cause i suffer from it to.
many forums and sites say it''s some kind of ear infection. they say that it can throw your body off balance when you try to sleep.
but there is another post from someone and a doctor replied. ill copy and paste:

"There is a condition where certain "rocks" are loose in your inner ear. When they roll around they stimulate being dizzy. You describe a certain position that brings this on. Sounds like the loose rocks are causing this. Why does this bother you when you fall asleep? that is because awake you can suppress the feeling but asleep the suppression is removed.
The treatment is simple. The doctor moves your head so that the rocks are put back in place. An otologist usually does this but check at your hospital or ENT doctor. "
i hope this helps both , you and me.
|

replied December 9th, 2013
Dizzy spells
I have been having dizzy spells, they are the worst whan I fall asleep at night. When I drift off to sleep I get a dizzy spell and it wakes me up. This only happens at night but I fall asleep with no problems during the day when I go to tka a nap. What causes this?
|