Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Dizziness when moving head

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
I have been having these symptoms for a couple of years now. At first it was very random and now it has become very frequent. If I lay down and move my head at all I become extremely dizzy and disoriented. I noticed this the first time while having my hair washed in a salon. The stylist was moving my head around to rinse all of the soap out. I have now experienced dizziness if I lay back in a tub to rinse my own hair. I doesn't seem to matter if my head is resting back or I am holding it up. The movement either up and down or side to side causes me to become extremely dizzy. I have experienced nausea but have not vommitting. I have a pituitary tumor that is treated with Bromocriptine. It has been followed by my endocrinologist and since I was diagnosed has shrank from 8mm to 2mm. I have not thought to ask my endocrinologist until now and I am scheduled to see her in March. Any ideas of what this could be would be helpful.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 19th, 2010
Hi, I am new here and am not too familiar with your problem, however, coming from where I do, unfortunetly I have learnt that one has to be pushy in the health system, especially if suffering from an on-going condition. My advice to you is to get an appointment with your Endo. sooner than March. Tell them its urgent and that you do not want to have to change dr. just cuz yours cannot fit you into their schedule anytime soon, they will find you an appointment sooner as long as you tell them its urgent! and that you have to c the dr. asap, even if it means waiting longer in the waiting room on same day. In addition push your endo. to do a full blood test, it might be that its got nothing to do with your pituitary tumor. Good luck, keep us posted, LightD.
|

replied January 20th, 2010
Thanks for the encouragement LightD
|