Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hypoglycemia Forum

dizziness , shaky , cold sweats

Must Read
The common cold is probably the most well known illness known to man. But did you know that it's a virus? Read to learn the basics about cold here....
How do you get a cold? And what causes the cold? Learn more about causes of the cold, and risk factors that you can avoid to prevent this illness....
You probably know many of the symptoms of a cold: sneezing, sore throat, a stuffy nose, and coughing. Do you know the difference between the flu vs. a cold?...
It happens between meals, i eat normally probably a little more than i'm suppose to. I am 17 years old and i've been dealing with it ever since i can remember i've just never done anything about it my mom's always told me it low blood sugar. I would just like to know a answer, but between meals sometimes i start to get shaky and have cold sweats and it makes me feel like i'm going to pass out, i've yet to pass out, but when this happens i know that i need to get some kind of sugar in my system it usually helps and sometimes it does not help at all. I think it may be hypoglycemia because i have all the symptoms, whatever it is i need to know before it might cause something bad to happen. Please and Thank you.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied July 2nd, 2009
I think you would be better off eating protein instead of eating sugar,the sugar will spike your blood sugar but then it will drop again.You should eat small protein meals throughout the day.Maybe you should go to the dr. and get a fasting blood glucose test,it is a blood test.Hope this helps.
|

replied October 16th, 2013
Glucose test
Hemoglobin A1C is a better test compared to the fasting blood glucose test. Since your symptoms are classic I would definitely get this done. It gives a average glucose level over a period of time(3 months or so). Since your glucose level fluctuates widely throughout the day, this test gives a clearer picture of what is happening in your body over time.
|