Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > HIV and AIDS Forum

Dizziness, lightheadedness a symptom of HIV

Must Read
Do you know what causes HIV? Get started by learning the facts on HIV and AIDS here....
Do you know what puts you at high risk of HIV? Debunk the myths and get the facts of HIV risk factors here....
Can you identify early HIV symptoms. Learn what to look for and when to seek medical help as we review symptoms of HIV here....
I would like to know what the chances of catching HIV from oral are. I did a foolish thing and paid a girl in a massage parlour to give me oral without a condom. I have been feeling lightheaded and slightly dizzy for the past 3 days. Could this be s symptom of HIV. Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 30th, 2016
Your exposure is of receiving oral sex from a female.

The chances of getting a HIV infection through oral sex is very low.

Here are a few facts that you need to understand about oral sex and HIV. ‎

There have been no studies measuring the risk of getting the AIDS virus through oral sex alone. But available ‎‎‎evidence suggests that:‎

‎1. HIV is not easy to get from any kind of oral sex.. The risk is much lower than that of unprotected penetrative anal or vaginal ‎‎‎‎sex. ‎This is because HIV is normally only present in saliva in very low levels that are not sufficient to cause infection. ‎‎‎The linings of the mouth and throat are very resistant to viral infections such as HIV, so infection is unlikely if they ‎‎‎are healthy. ‎

‎2. Bleeding gums, gum disease, and sores in the mouth can make it easier to get infected with HIV through oral sex.‎

‎3. Active partners (giving oral sex) have a higher risk of getting infected with HIV , specifically, if they have oral ulcers, sores or cuts in their oral cavity and in case, there is ejaculation in the oral cavity.

There have been no recorded cases of getting HIV in receptive partners. (men receiving oral sex)

There is no need to worry about HIV,

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our HIV and AIDS , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.