Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Low Blood Pressure and Hypotension Forum

Dizziness and chest discomfort

Must Read
What exactly is blood pressure in the first place? And how can you know if your blood pressure is either high OR low?...
Millions of American have blood pressure problems. Learn what can put you at risk of high or low blood pressure here....
High blood pressure and low blood pressure manifest physical symptoms. Learn the signs of hypertension and hypotension here....
I am experiencing dizziness, headches and chest discomfort for nearly a week now, although I am usually a healthy person (and in my twenties).
I believe that what triggered it was the news of the illness of a close person, but it starts worrying me that the symptoms won't stop. The first day it started, my heart was racing like crazy and I passed out for a few seconds. I also had a slight pain in my chest and left arm, as well as numbness in my arm. Then the pain went away the next day, but I felt constantly dizzy, especially when trying to work/concentrate. I also went to the doctor, but I didn't feel like I was taken seriously and I was just told to drink tea and wait till it goes away. He did say that my blood pressure was very low.
The last few days, it got worse and I have to really force myself to get out of bed and get through the day. I tried to go jogging, thinking that sports are always good for my body, but I had a hard time breathing and almost fainted again. I know that I get the low blood pressure from my family, but I never had any major problems so far until now.
Has anyone else experienced similar problems? I'd be really glad to hear what I could possibly have. Thanks!
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper janijohn
|

replied January 20th, 2010
sounds like me...low iron!! along with anxiety! thats how i feel too. ask your docter to check your iron levels...hope this helps!
|

replied June 1st, 2010
i' m having same symptoms, i had it for almost a year now. i was hospitalized September 2009,and doctors finding is vertigo and heartburn. since then i have this constant dizziness, chest discomfort, headache, difficulty breathing, and fainting spells. i live like that for almost a year now. I have been to different doctors but no one can tell me whats going on. i live in fear everyday, i don' t know if when i will be rush to the hospital. i' m tired with my medication that don't cure any of those symptoms. help.....
|

replied March 23rd, 2011
dizziness, chest problems, fainting
I have been having the same problems. I was diagnosed with Dysautonomia. Talk with your doctor about this and see a neurologist for a tilt test.
|

replied April 25th, 2011
I'm so pleased someone else has these problems, but i'm 16! Should i be getting them!?
|

replied June 2nd, 2011
Lightheaded, Dizzy, and Chest Discomfort.
I am 39. Male. Overall good health. A little overweight I admit. Complaints are Chest discomfort and being lightheaded. Dizzy and lightheaded for over two weeks now. Had a very rapid heartbeat that started this all two weeks ago. My heart was racing for over a minute. I went to the hospital for 8 hours and told all was okay. Been to a cardiologist and said my heart was fine. Had an EKG and an echocardiogram. Was put on anti-biotics for 10 days as was told I had a slight sinus infection. Still no help after taking all the anti-biotics. Working still but lightheaded much of the day and very exhausted. No pain, but discomfort in the chest area near my sternum. I am lost. Doctor has no idea. Lymes came back negative and all blood work was good. Getting frustrated. I did have a double ear infection, throat infection, and sinus infection back in February/March that lasted over a month. Was on two different anti-biotics to get rid of it. Ear infection was the worse of it. Have had a few readings of high-blood pressure, but some were ok as well. One was 160/100 and a few were 130/90. Last week was 125/80. Any ideas would be appreciated. Need to figure this out. Thanks.
|

replied June 13th, 2011
Hello, Still not feeling well. Had a CT Scan. Diagnosed with "thickened distal esophagus", 3 30% non-obstructive blocks, and possile "airway disease". CT also revealed peribronchial thickening, atelectasis, and mild air trapping suggestive of airway disease. I DO NOT SMOKE!!!! My heart is fine!!! Making appts. to see a GERD, Pulmunary, Neurologist, and back to the Cardiologist. See what happens. Still VERY lightheaded and chest discomfort, but the lightheadedness is the worst part. Also some weakness in the legs and upper jaw discomfort. Not sure if this is related. Thanks...
|

replied November 21st, 2011
How are you doing now?
I've been having dizziness (accompanied by tingling and heaviness in my extremities when its at its worst), chest heaviness, and pressure in one of my ears. I'm female, 41, also had an EKG in the ER(which was fine). All blood tests come back showing no problems. Dr. has ruled out thyroid issues. Chest Xrays show nothing. I feel like I'm losing my mind! Have been in excellent health all my life until about 2 years back when I started showing signs of high blood pressure. Blood pressure continued to get worse (stress at work was unbelievable)and am medicated for that now. I am nowhere near overweight at 5'1" and 110 lbs. The onset of all these symptoms hit me like a ton of bricks when I was in Home Depot one day. Dizziness was severe & I had to be taken out in a wheelchair. I've seen four wheelchairs since as this just won't let up. Not sure where to turn or what to be tested for next.
|

replied November 22nd, 2011
Hello CT Woman and others.

I am still battling today but better. You mentioned one key word....STRESS! Stress can take such a toll on the body. I still have no specific diagnosis. I am seeing a Lyme Dr. and am taking Dioxycycline. I did seek Acupuncture and had about 6 sessions. I will say they helped with the headaches greatly. I am taking meds and I think stress and anxiety play a major role. I have tried many meds and not many seem to help. I battle this each and every day and the only thing that takes the edge off is xanax. I only take .5 mg. Never any more in a day. I know it can be addicting so I am careful with it. I still get blurred vision, dizziness, and pressure in the head. I would not call it a headache anymore. Sleep can be tough and fatigue is always a battle. I am just glad to be back at work and working. That helps keep my mind off things. I hope you get better, but look for ways to combat the stress. I started doing Yoga daily and it really helped. I slacked off lately and I need to get back on track as it really help. Also, be sure to check with an ENT Dr. and a vestibular condition. I know I battled that as well. Your inner ear can throw off so many things. The best of luck to you and feel better!!!!
|