Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Orthopedics Forum

dislocated shoulder i had no idea this could be so bad..

Must Read
Think you might be experiencing bone loss? Check out this Intro to Osteoporosis and evaluate your risk for developing bone weakness. ...
Although bone mass loss is normal as we age, some people are more at risk of developing osteoporosis than others. Are you at risk? More here....
Do you have severe back pain? Do your bones break frequently or with little pressure? You might be experiencing osteoporosis. Found out more here....
dislocated my right shoulder for the first time whilst ice skating at the weekend........ agony... fell backwards with arm extended. firstly it felt heavy as lead and i couldn't move my arm to get up. seemed an age before i arrived at hospital by ambulance to be given morphine... which helped but not entirely. i held my arm all this time as supporting in sling simply too painful. x-ray.. no fracture... eventual manipulation put back in place.. further x-ray to check ok. sent home in useful sling.. appointment back in weeks time. numbness in hand and arm to elbow improving slightly.. doing small exercises of hand and wrist.. also bending arm at elbow to assist blood flow. very little pain unless try to lift arm.. discomfort whilst attempting to get comfortable position at night. physio later but she already suggested removing the sling occasionally whilst sitting and gently exercising as above. i had no idea this could be so bad.. recover times etc.... hopefully i am a good healer and hope to get back to swimming.. aqua exercise classes etc. soonas sensibly poss.
Did you find this post helpful?
|