Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Foot Disorders Forum

dislocated ankle

Must Read
We answer the questions: What is a wart? How do warts spread? What types of warts can you get? More basic facts on warts and plantar warts here....
What causes warts and in particular, plantar warts? And are adults or children more at risk of getting them. More on risks and causes here....
Do you know how to spot a wart? Learn the signs and symptoms of warts located on the feet, plus when you should seek medical help for a plantar wart....
yeterday i was playing soccer and iwas kicked in my ankle and at the moment i could not feel or move my foot. Then my brother moved my foot and i felt my bone pop back in place and i could move it and feel it again. But now it is hugely swolen and can move it very little, i don't know if this is normal or what should i do?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 3rd, 2009
Go to the doc!
Go to the doctor. Having dislocated and broken my ankle in three places after an untreated strain (so I though) I had no other choice this time around but a good piece of advice is to have it x-rayed and treat any fractures immediately.

I would not have had such a severe dislocation of my foot (see my other posts) had I gone in 6 weeks earlier when I 'bumped' my ankle. Of course no need to go to the doctor it just magically disappeared and I only had swelling issues for about 3 or 4 weeks. It turned out later one of the three fractures was older than the ones that twisted my ankle out. I had destabilized my ankle and all it took was the one time overstepping to go into a 6 month to 1 year recovery phase.

Lesson learned: Don't fool around with weight bearing body parts Wink
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply