Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

Discussing feelings of insecurity

User Profile
I have been with my boyfriend almost 4 years... Over the past 6 months he was with someone else then so was I. I admitted being with someone else and then he heard a rumor that I was intimate with the girl he was with. He tells me that he feels liek I dont care about him and I need to show him that I do. Mind you ever since we have gotten back together I have caught him 3 different times talking to random girls that he does not know on MYSPACE and even sends them messages saying they are cute and to look him up. I confront him about this and he says I am pushing him away becasue I dont express how I feel. He is contradicting because in one sentence he says he knows how much I love him but in another he says I need to show him. I bought him a card last week and he still hasnt opened it cause he says they are just words. I also have to add that when we argue I automatically say I am leaving and he says thats why I dont care. I dont know what to do please help..

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2009
Relationships and Marriage Answer A8592
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

Basically, your boyfriend is having insecurity feelings because of the rumors. I think that you should have a candid chat with him and discuss in detail the difficulties that you may be facing in your relationship. You can also consult a relationship counselor or a psychologist and clear out the misunderstandings that might have cropped up between you.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are advised to consult a counselor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Relationships and Marriage , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.