Medical Questions > Relationships > Relationships and Marriage Forum

Discussing feelings of insecurity

User Profile
I have been with my boyfriend almost 4 years... Over the past 6 months he was with someone else then so was I. I admitted being with someone else and then he heard a rumor that I was intimate with the girl he was with. He tells me that he feels liek I dont care about him and I need to show him that I do. Mind you ever since we have gotten back together I have caught him 3 different times talking to random girls that he does not know on MYSPACE and even sends them messages saying they are cute and to look him up. I confront him about this and he says I am pushing him away becasue I dont express how I feel. He is contradicting because in one sentence he says he knows how much I love him but in another he says I need to show him. I bought him a card last week and he still hasnt opened it cause he says they are just words. I also have to add that when we argue I automatically say I am leaving and he says thats why I dont care. I dont know what to do please help..

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 19th, 2009
Relationships and Marriage Answer A8592
Hello,

Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am really glad to help you out.

Basically, your boyfriend is having insecurity feelings because of the rumors. I think that you should have a candid chat with him and discuss in detail the difficulties that you may be facing in your relationship. You can also consult a relationship counselor or a psychologist and clear out the misunderstandings that might have cropped up between you.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are advised to consult a counselor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Relationships and Marriage , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.