Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders Forum

Discomfort when breathing through nose

Must Read
Do you know the three main reasons we cough? Learn common causes of cough and when coughing might indicate a more serious health problem....
Coughing is normal. But what can cause more troublesome coughs? Learn more about possible causes of cough here....
When should you see a doctor about cough symptoms? When are symptoms a sign of further complications? Learn about cough symptoms basics here....
User Profile
I recently had a cold,this is quite normal,i had a blocked nose so i decided to use Olbus oil,i dont have the cold anymore.but i am getting a weird feeling when breathing with my nose? it is difficult to describe,it is like very cold air,at the back of my nose,my sinus i think? but yes,it is very uncomfortable,as every time i breathe i am very aware of it,the air feels very cold that i am breathing and my sinus feels very dry and its uncomfortable,Generally i tend to worry over nothing.but uhm yes,whats wrong with me:0
i am also blaming the olbus oil,could this be related to it?
and will this go away?
i''d appreciate any helpful advice.Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 6th, 2010
Unfortunately, I cannot provide an answer to your questions regarding any relationship between "Olbus oil" and the sensations that your describe. However, it is extremely unlikely that these sensations in the back of your nose are related to leukemia.

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

www.doctorwascher.com

www.oncoguard.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|

replied August 22nd, 2010
@ColourPurple, I feel what you're going through. You're not the only one. Don't give up. I'm going through the same exact thing. It's terrilbe and uncomfortable. It's tourmenting and depressing. I've been going through it for about 4 years coming to almost 5 years now. I've been through every ENT doctor in Atlanta. After I had my deviated septum fixed. I didn't had no problems breathing out of my nose before I did the stupid surgery in December of 2005. I had all 4 four of my wisdom teeth removed early April of 2005. I felt fine a couple of months after. Until September of 2005. I've been experiencing some discomfort in my forehead. I felt like a nail was going through my forehead. I was having sharp headaches and all. I did some X-Rays and my former family doctor. Who is now deceased. Recommended me to see a ENT. When he was alive that is. I tried everyting to get rid of this problem and nothing worked. I'm still trying to find some new ways on how get rid of this problem. Once in all. Good Luck to you. I hope everything works out for you.

Take Care

Phil
|
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.