Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

Discomfort at top of stomach

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
hi im 23 and for the last year or so have been experiencing upper stomach tighness/pressure/discomfort oringinally i confused it with the chest area embarrasingly but at least found out all was ok in that area, but after a recent trip 2 hospital a doctor was quite heavy handed around my stomach area and ever since i have had an almost constant sensation at the top of my stomach (gap between my ribs) and is almost too tender too touch, when i push out my stomach that also hurts (force it 2 bloat out if you know what i mean) the problem is it does keep me up at night and has made me wake up on numerous occasions with severe nausea sensations at back of my throat but im never sick, i have noticed it is made worse if i go any longer than 4 hours between meals and then eat, otherwise it there but not as bad, sorry too waffle on probly loads spellin mistakes but have been waiting so long too have endoscopy now and seems to be getting worse.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper eddy101
|

replied November 18th, 2009
Did you found solution to your problem, as I am also having a similar pain and just wondering what is causing it?
|

replied November 28th, 2009
Acid Reflux or Ulcer (my guess)
I think it's safe to say that what you're experiencing is bad acid reflux.

The way to find out is simple: have your doctor send you in for a barium swallow. This test will show (though not overly accurately) if you do indeed have acid problems or not.

Another similar cause to this would be that you have an ulcer, or are in the process of developing one.

Hang in there, but in the meantime get a test.
|

replied December 14th, 2009
I have the same issues but cannot see a doctor I don't have insurance and have applied for many but am being denied when I have allot of mental and physical issues and professionsals say I shouldn't of been denied so it sucks but yes I have this issues also it is extremely painful I have no idea whats wrong I ahve acid reflux but it is under control the doctor told me and I take Prevaicd for it
|

User Profile
replied October 10th, 2010
could be pancreatitis,gastritis,an ulcer,or an infection such as h.pylori,also your gall bladder may be acting up. or it could simply be stress.
|

User Profile
replied February 15th, 2012
stomach pains
I have simialar top stomach pains. I am also feeling sick in the mornings and evenings. my stomach pains seem to slow down and almost move slighly. I have also been being sick pass two days morning and evening. I dont know what it is. I have had more heartburn then usall and have been taking heartburn tablets could that have something to do with it?
|

replied February 16th, 2012
what kind of diet should i take for crohns
|