Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

discolored discharge after sex

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
My boyfriend and I have had sex when i had my period, we used protection,and i still had my tampon in. After my period was over, we had sex again but i saw that i had discolored discharge. It wasn't the normal color but it's not brown either. It's a light brown/pink color and i was thinking it was just my vagina cleaning itself out. I already took a pregnancy test and it came out negative so i was wondering if i should be worried?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 22nd, 2009
Especially eHealthy
You had sex with a tampon in? Yikes!

Bleeding after sex, especially near your period time, is very common. Brown/ish blood is older blood that has been around for awhile. It doesnt' sound like anything is wrong with you.
|

that's a relief. but another thing..is it weird if i don't have that much discharge right now? only about the width of my pinky comes out in that pink/brown color and then there isn't anything else...
|

User Profile
Supporter
I just want to know, it is possible to have sex with a tampon in? wouldnt that be rather uncomfortable? ouch!
|

Especially eHealthy
splitchick129 wrote:
that's a relief. but another thing..is it weird if i don't have that much discharge right now? only about the width of my pinky comes out in that pink/brown color and then there isn't anything else...

No,it isn't weird.
|