Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

discharge that smells slightly like chlorine?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I'm a 19 year old female. I have opaque pink vaginal discharge that smells slightly like chlorine. I traveled to New Zealand before the issue started and will not return home for another 5 months. Could this be caused from traveling? Is is something else that I need to worry about? Would it be worth the doctor's bill to get it checked?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 11th, 2011
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A20719
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum.
The altered smell and consistency in vaginal discharge could be due to food changes, dehydration, change in lifestyle, sleeping pattern, hormonal imbalance etc. You should consider getting a thorough check done by visiting your doctor/gynecologist at the new place. Maintain healthy diet, drink plenty of water to maintain hydration. Try to be stress free and take adequate rest.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.