Medical Questions > Womens Health > Breasts Forum

discharge from nipple piercing

Must Read
Breast cancer kills more women in the United States than any cancer except lung cancer. But what types of breast cancer are possible?...
Why do some women get breast cancer and others don't? Click here to learn what risks you can avoid....
Do you know the warning signs for breast cancer? When should you see your doctor about possible breast cancer symptoms? More information here....
I got my nipples pierced about 10 months ago. I cleaned them two times daily but experienced discharge regularly. Needless to say, after having them in for only about a month, I took them out. I have had a hard time since then with one of the holes continuing to secrete a white discharge. If I squeeze my left nipple at the "12" and "6" o clock locations, something comes out pretty much every day (however, I have not had any pain or soreness). Though my right piercing is completely closed, it does feel like a bit "thick", and I am pretty sure that if there were an opening, it would do the same thing. I would really prefer not to have to deal with this forever and seeing that it has been 9 months now, I am getting a bit concerned. So, should I be seeing a Dr. about it? Is there any type of medicine that would stop it? I guess I just want to make sure that there isn't any potential harm it can cause.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 28th, 2008
Community Volunteer (online)
Have you seen a doctor about this yet? It sounds like an infection. Did you try antibiotic creams? Here is an interesting website about piercings and tattoos that may provide you with some information: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/piercin gandtattoos.html#cat42

I hope it is helpful.
|
Did you find this post helpful?