Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

discharge bleaches underwear (Page 1)

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I've always had lots of vaginal discharge, and it usually doesn't smell like anything that worries me, so I don't think it's an infection or anything. If I don't wear a pantyliner, it dries on my underwear as this semi-opaque crusty white stuff. It goes on clear when it's still wet. When I wash it, the dirtied area of my underwear doesn't look too different, maybe a little faded, but not too much. But recently I started wearing more and more black panties...no particular reason, they were just on sale Razz..and I've noticed that my discharge bleaches them! I put them on clean and by the end of the day they have a faded orangey blotch on the crotch area as if someone spilled bleach on it! does this happen to anyone else?
it's kind of creeping me out.
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper UnknownABC
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2008
Experienced User
anyone?
|

replied August 16th, 2011
Get a urine test! I started noticing my panties were getting bleach-like stains. All my pretty panties were getting ruined and I really started to worry after my pee started to look cloudy so I went to see my gyno and she did a pap smear and sent me to get a urine and blood test. Nothing abnormal was found in my pap smear or blood results, BUT e.coli was found in my urine! It's not that scarry e.coli that people die from, but it was in the same family AND to my surprise I was told that it is quiet common to catch from unwashed or dirty served foods, tap beer (from not cleaning the pipes regularily) and dark alcohols. I was told if I was going to drink, to stick to white alcohols, champagne and white wine, except tap beer and avoid ordering cold salads or meals from restaurants. It's a common infection and if ignored and left untreated over the years it can lead to serious problems, including infertility! I waited 7 months trying all sorts of things before I realized this just isn't going away. So get a urine test to be sure, because it doesn't seem logical that high acidic discharge that can eventually eat through your undies is absolutely fine and natural. My underwear doesn't stain anymore and everything is back to normal down there, including my normal discharge.
|

replied November 12th, 2012
i too have this all goin o, my first pair i thought that i sat in bleach lol, then i was shoppig oe day and i got pretty panies i VS first time there ever and i noticed them too Sad ugh ...thanks for posting this i was beginning to wonder whats going on, but as im thinking i amm wondering,,,, my bcp pill was chaged due to my age, thus when i noticed this, i had to change back because i was getting night sweats, seems to have stopped since my old pill returned to me, thinking maybe it got something to do with progesterone? we eat alot of hormones when we eat meat, the foods are raised on it.. just a thought :s
|

User Profile
replied June 28th, 2012
I have had this happening to me for years. I woke up this morning and Googled it, and to my surprise, I found this sight. I never thought there were other people in the world who encountered this same problem. Oh well ladies, I guess I will spend my day shopping at Victoria's Secret...sigh....
|

User Profile
replied December 13th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Sounds like me. I hate it! My favorite color is black, so if I don't put on a panty liner it does the same thing. I have a few older panties that look the same way, and all of them are very colorful (not sure why, but all of them are pink and orange and other fruity colors, lol)

I wish I knew why, it creeps me out as well.
|

User Profile
Community Volunteer
It could be the Ph level in your discharge. Our body fluids can be very acidic or alkaline.

~Zig
|

Extremely eHealthy
you know...i have a pair of black undies and they're faded in that..area...i just thought maybe it'd happened in the wash..maybe thats happened to me too...it bothers me..i dont wear them that much anymore..i have few black undies most are those cute vic secret colorful undies..i dont wear alot of black..but if that happened to every pair of undies i had it'd drive me nuts...at least you're not the only one!
|

User Profile
Experienced User
oh ok i was starting to think i was the only one!
but no, it doesn't happen in the wash.
i notice the faded area when i'm still wearing them.
at first i freaked out because i thought my discharge was that color which would definitely not be a good sign!
but then after washing them i realized that they had had just faded.
but that's an insane amount of fading!
i would expect fading to be from black to gray, not black to almost white!
is it a bad thing?
|

replied December 17th, 2008
mine does this too, don't know why Very Happy
|

replied March 27th, 2009
me too
i was looking for an answer and i found this thread. thanks! i figured it was the Ph Balance. i know i can have very high acidity...
|

replied April 2nd, 2009
same here!
Same for me! Really annoying but I didn't think it was anything to worry about?
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2009
Experienced User
actually a few days ago it was pretty insane... it managed to actually deteriorate the fabric enough to where it tore.
|

replied November 27th, 2009
yes that has happened to me and my daughters as well it comes from the acid levels in our bodies it acts like a bleaching agent to black clothing it sucks cause we always have to buy new black undies but it is nothing to get creeped out over it is natural and when i spoke to my doctor he said that lots of women are that way and that it can be helped by wearing white cotton panties but then the discharge discolors the white too so i guess those of us that are unlucky to have this happening to us just have to keep buying new panties....hope this helps those of you who are kinda creeped out about it
|
Users who thank slickazsara for this post: CuriousTiff 

replied February 22nd, 2010
the awnswer ..........?
i have ben searching for the awnser to this for a while, iv had it for years!!! turns out that when our vaginas clean themselves (as they are self cleaning) they produce hydrogen peroxide in the mucous (discharge) and as we know peroxide is used to bleach hair, thus why bleaching the underwear.so if anything, theres nothing wrong with it, just means we all got super clean fannys! Very Happy hope this is a help
|

replied March 3rd, 2010
very helpful thanks a lot i thought something was seriously wrong with my insides practically lethal i couldn't believe it glad to know i am not alone and more important that it is natural
|

replied May 2nd, 2010
Thank you for posting this thread! This has been happening to me for years now and it''s become really annoying. I prefer dark underwear and it''s very obvious to me now. I was thinking of going to the doctor to see if there was something that could be done about it, but I''m going to look into that hydrogen peroxide thing. Interesting concept and as always, I''m amazed by how our bodies take care of themselves.
|

replied May 11th, 2010
Bleaching of the underwear
Actually, I have been doing some research on this. Those of us that drink a lot of soda, especially caffeine, can have higher than normal acidic levels. This causes a change in our normal PH balance. Lay off the caffeine, soda, and other man made acidic foods. You will find a decrease in the bleaching. You may even be more energetic and see a better looking skin tone, and less wrinkles around the eyes.
|
Users who thank prinzess1974 for this post: thatCNDgirl 

replied May 15th, 2010
Diet has a weird effect on that area. And yes, prinzess1974, I think it has a great deal to do with PH balance, as well as dehydration. Yes the age old medical advice, "Drink more water," likely improves this also.
|

replied August 4th, 2010
The PH level in our body is actually very important to our health. Bleaching our panty's, I think are signs of to much acids in our blood. There should be a balance. And if your doctor said its normal... then Id get a second opinion. Are diets need to change.
|

replied August 5th, 2010
Especially eHealthy
jakesmother, Your vagina is actually acidic most of the time. This is the healthy state. It is part of your defenses against infections. Around ovulation it will become more sperm friendly.
|

replied September 6th, 2010
PH LEVEL??
Wow!! I thought I was the only one. I am so happy I have anwers to a question that has been in my mind for years. thanks ladies!!!
|

User Profile
replied September 14th, 2010
Crazy how I have always questioned this but was unable to find an answer until now!
I have always wondered about the PH thing, and have also noticed that Birth Control Pills can even have an effect on the discharge as well.
Glad to know I am not the only one! You always see women in underwear in ads and movies and I wonder, jeez; why can't mine look that damn prestine all the time!?
Guess I have to just keep buying new ones, how much does that suck when it happens quickly?
I have started making my own panty liners out of fleece, I may just use those more (especially on my really nice undies!)

Thanks everyone for sharing...
|