Medical Questions > Mens Health > Mens Chat Forum

Discharge after urinating ?

Must Read
The penis begins to lengthen during puberty. But just how long and wide will a penis become? When does the penis stop growing? And what is a "normal" penis s...
A penis grows in stages. Read more about when a penis starts and stops growing. And get the facts about penis enlargement. ...
Are you making a crucial mistake when you are measuring your penis? Read on to be sure that your penis measurement technique is correct. ...
User Profile
i was just wondering when i get done urinating , sometimes i have noticed , but not all the time. a fourm of like liquid substance , its slippery and just hangs off of my penis. is this a discharge. or what?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 24th, 2009
Mens Chat Answer A6102

It is very hard to tell what the liquid substance is without seeing it. According to the data you provided, the liquid substance probably is not discharge. The discharge is usually sticky, with changed color (yellowish), and is associated only with urinating (although it appears most often when urinating). Since discharge is usually a sign of infection, other symptoms like itching, burning when urinating, and painful urination would be expected as well.

The liquid substance you describe might be a product of some of the sexual glands (prostate, seminal vesicles, bulbourethral glands) whose secretion is a regular part of the ejaculate.

You might want to visit an urologist for physical exam. He might be able to recognize if the secretion is pathological and needs treatment.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Mens Chat , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.