Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

disc bulge l3-s1

Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
sir i am affected from a problem of disc bulge in the section l3-s1
i am 23 years old
can you send me some treatment that made in home
i am fat too i want to reduce my weight i cant go walking what should i do for that?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 1st, 2012
Active User, very eHealthy
Without knowing which way the discs are bulging (they usually bulge towards the back) I would suggest for starters (Do a Google search for full descriptions)

1) "Static back position"
- You will see one picture where the person is squeezing a yoga block between their knees. this is a GOOD way to balance out your hip muscles too.
- Or you can wrap a belt of Yoga strap around your legs just above your knees. Press outwards against the strap to work your hip muscles.

2) "Static extension on elbows"
- If you have a big stomach, you may already have too much of an arch in your lower back so this would not be appropriate for you.

3) "Progressive groin stretch"
- or another type of stretch for your "Hip flexors" like the "Kneeling lunge stretch"

Quote:
I am fat too i want to reduce my weight i cant go walking what should i do for that?

Can you walk at all? Even 5 minutes is a start.
To reduce your weight, every time you are hungry do some type of exercise - deep knee bends, walk, bench press for a few minutes- and see if your hunger goes away. then you know it is not REAL hunger.
|
Did you find this post helpful?