Medical Questions > Debate Forums > Abortion Debate Forum

Disagree with abortions

As women great responsibility falls upon us.
Once you find out that your pregnant regaurdless of the situation abortion is not the answer. Under some circumstances it understandable. Babies are blessing no matter how the get here!!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 8th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Pro-life opinions do not belong in this forum, please go to the Abortion Debate forum here: http://ehealthforum.com/health/forum168.ht ml
or the Pro-Life Forum here: http://ehealthforum.com/health/forum160.ht ml

Under SOME circumstances?!!! Are you kidding? See, this further validates that it is not about the "blessing of a child" at all...it is about how said child was conceived. You cannot "ok" an abortion for a woman who was raped or will die if she remains pregnant and then deny abortion to a woman who never wanted children or a woman who's birth control failed or a woman with too many mouths to feed. The issue is NOT black and white.

Babies ARE blessings...but there are many couples who wish to remain child-free and sometimes birth control fails. I know, there is always the option for tubal ligations...but do you realize just how difficult those are to obtain? Some doctors require that you go through a psychiatric evaluation (because there MUST be something wrong with a woman who does not want to ever have children), some doctors require you to already have a child, some doctors require you to be a certain age (usually 30+).

Babies ARE blessings, but they are also RESPONSIBILITIES. A woman who cannot afford a baby, much less emotionally carry that baby to term and then turn around to give it up for adoption, that woman, well she just might be better off obtaining an abortion, despite what you, a TOTAL stranger, thinks.

Some women should NOT get pregnant due to medications they are taking or mental problems they have. Most of these women are on birth control of some type. Birth control has failure rates. Are you stating that these women put their potential children at risk for birth defects due to medications the woman was on? Are you stating that these women risk ABUSING or even possibly KILLING their child due to their own mental illnesses?

What about the woman who would rather abort her fetus due to birth defects incompatible with life? She may wish to abort BEFORE the fetus can feel an extreme amount of pain? Are you saying that is inexcusable?

How about the woman who has medical conditions? The types of conditions that, if the woman were to get pregnant, could kill her? What if this woman has two other children to live for? If the woman dies due to her being pregnant, the fetus dies anyway (duh, no woman, no fetus).

What about rape/incest victims? Are you suggesting that those who CANNOT emotionally handle carrying their attacker's child suck it up?
|

replied May 11th, 2010
I''m bipolar. Very, bipolar. I have not found the correct medications to keep myself alright. It''s a struggle for me to even get out of bed everyday. I got pregnant in one of my manic phases, I chose abortion because I knew that I would not be a good mother at the time. My boyfriend is no where near ready for a kid, and we''re both still fairly young. I refuse to do it again, but that is my decision.

You can think what you wish, but if you''re in a pro-choice forum, keep your thoughts to yourself. Kay? Thanx.
|

User Profile
replied July 2nd, 2010
Experienced User
Oh the ignorance...it's quite laughable really
|

User Profile
replied July 6th, 2010
Experienced User
Re: Disagree with abortions
Disagree all you want, but YOUR personal beliefs on abortion won't affect MY decision to get one should I fall pregnant.

ashleigh01 wrote:
As women great responsibility falls upon us.

Yes. The responsibility to deal with unwanted pregnancies, whether that means aborting or continuing. For some women, aborting is the responsible thing to do.
Women have just as much right to enjoy carefree sex as men.

ashleigh01 wrote:
Once you find out that your pregnant regaurdless of the situation abortion is not the answer.

FOR YOU.
For me it would be. I would definately abort if I got pregnant right now or at any time in the forseable future.
Your PERSONAL beliefs are not shared by the whole world, unfortunately for you.

ashleigh01 wrote:
Under some circumstances it understandable.

"Understandable"?

Oh? And what circumstances would they be?
I'm assuming you are referring to rape. How is the foetus conceived by rape any different to a foetus conceived by willing sex? How is a rape foetus any less deserving of the "right to life" than a foetus which was a result of a failed/forgotten contraceptive? A foetus that was the result of rape is no less human or innocent or worthy of life than a foetus which was conceived because the woman's contraception failed. It's still a foetus.
The only difference in their situation was that one woman chose to open her legs.

Which suggests to me that it is about how the foetus was conceived.
A rape victim? "Oh how terrible, poor thing" they say, "She should be allowed an abortion". And quite rightly so, if she wishes. However a failed contraceptive? "Well THAT'S tough. She should have thought about pregnancy before she had sex. She should continue the pregnancy because she needs to be punished for daring to open her legs."

Oh the hypocracy. It seems that some pro-lifers are more concerned with how the foetus came about than the fact that the foetus actually exists in the first place.

ashleigh01 wrote:
Babies are blessing no matter how the get here!!

Again, FOR YOU. For me, and many other women, they sure aren't. I can't stand kids. Also try telling that to the woman who is trying to come to terms with her rape-pregnancy, or the woman who is terrified of her abusive husband and doesn't want to add a baby into harm's way, or the woman who doesn't want kids because she is mentally / physically / psychologically unstable, or the woman who just doesn't want to have kids because she sees other opportunities in life. For THESE women, a baby, even if loved would be far from welcome at this point in their lives. A baby is not always a blessing, because the issue is not just black and white like you try and make out.

If I had my way, abortion would be readily available for any woman who wants one, regardless of her reason. I believe that a woman shouldn't even have to give a reason if she doesn't want to, as to me "not wanting to be pregnant" is reason enough.
|
Users who thank GreyWolf for this post: motherofhighspiritedones