Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Heart Disease and Heart Attack Forum

Difference between angina, gerd, heart attack., muscle strain ?

Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
On the seventeenth of September, I was out , " de-rusting " a bike, and getting any rust of the chain. Also, I did lift the bike ; a rockhopper.

I should mention, I am female, five foot three , one and ten pounds, mid thirties , with low ferritin level for six years, and low tranferrin level discovered a couple months back. Oh, and asthmatic.

On the morning of the eighteenth , about four a.m., I woke up, sweating a tiny bit. I thought " oh no, I am getting sick. " Went back to sleep.

On the eighteenth, around 3 in the afternoon, after taking a shower, while shaving, I had the worst chest pain ever. Could not bend over, could not move 1 inch to the left or 1 inch to the right, & couldn't pick up my purse; the purse is very light.

Felt like someone with exceedingly long nails squeezing the bleep out of my heart.

Took prilosec and have been taking prilosec now for 7 days, some tylenol , a baby aspirin, and put on salonpas patches. About one to one and a half hours later, the pain was more tolerable.

For the past several days, on a much less painful level, the chest pain has continued. Been trying to keep the tylenol to a minimum and the salonpas to 4 patches total a day, if that. 1 patch above the left breast and 1 patch below the left breast.

The pain doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason. Not caused by climbing stairs, not from sitting up or lying down, not from late night eating or late night snacks , not from twisting or turning.

3 times it felt like the pain was a stretched rubber-band under my left breast and once under my right breast.

At some points, it feels like a ball is stuck between my breasts ; in the center of my chest , & sometimes it feels like there is a ball stuck beneath the left breast.

Inhalers; albuterol and qvar don't help.

What is likely to be ; chest pain from anemia , impending heart attack pain, muscle strain, gerd, peptic ulcer, or angina ?

Thank you
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2012
I don't know what is causing your pain - under left breast, once under right breast, and in the center of the chest. It doesn't sound like it is coming from the heart or lungs, and the story really doesn't fit with esophageal reflux. The history seems to fit best with a musculoskeletal origin, and it is possible that the problem is in the spine.
It is unlikely that the pain has anything to do with anemia.
If the pain persists, I would urge you to consult with your physician and perhaps also with an orthopedist.
Please be aware that I am unable to diagnose medical conditions online.

An easy-to-read book about the heart for lay persons. Available at major online book retailers and other fine bookstores.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.