Medical Questions > Womens Health > Birth Control Forum

3 diff BC pills in months, period lasting 2 wks + worried

Must Read
Birth control is helpful in preventing pregnancy. Need to know more about birth control? Start here to learn more about popular methods of birth control....
You have many birth control options. Each works differently. What are the choices and what should you consider in order to help you make your decision? ...
Each method of birth control comes with risks to your health. What are the general problems you could encounter?...
So I started out birth control on YAZ when I was 16 to regulate my period as I was diagnosed with PCOS. I took that up until the generic gianvi came out this past summer, which my pharmacy switched me to as I couldn't afford to take yaz anymore. I was going crazy on gianvi causing all kinds of issues for me, including an absent period.. so I called up my doc and she said that nobody really likes it.. she switched me to microestrogen which I took for a little over 3 months.. it drove my body crazy bad cramps absolutely NO PERIOD AT ALL.. i took like 3 pregnancy tests and a blood test all of which were negative but the pains, the cramps, the mood swings and the crazy hair growth were too much for me. I recently ent back told her my problems and she put me on BeYaz which is just yaz with folic acid.. I thought I'd be great on it since Yaz helped me before but now I am not so sure.. I started taking it and havent missed a pill.. I took the first pack and when I got to the dummy pills my period didnt start and I started the new pack that sunday and my period came on tuesday.. lasted a few days then stopped.. next day all of the sudden it returned and since Jan 15th to now, I have been bleeding every day. I am not sure if its because the fluctuation in low estrogen, to high estrogen, back to low estrogen or just the fact I havent had a period for 3 Months but I am worried and it is hurting my sex life.. has anyone any advice or has this happened to anyone else before? I plan to call my doctor but can't afford to go see her right now..
Did you find this post helpful?
|