Medical Questions > Nutrition > Nutrition Forum

Did I just gain a little weight?

Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....
Alright so...since around Christmas I have been feeling bloated and chubby. No matter what I eat it has made my stomach puff out a lot farther than a normal amount of food usually would. It really is getting on my nerves and making me self-conscious because it happened out of nowhere and I've always been pretty skinny so it's just bothering me a lot that my stomach puffs out and no amount of sucking in or eating healthy is fixing it. On Christmas day I ate a lot of junk, like chocolate and pepperoni bread and a big breakfast and lunch but one meal definitely didn't contribute to me feeling and looking bloated for weeks. I felt it before Christmas, as well.
Most times before I started feeling and looking bloated, I'd go to the bathroom and my flat tummy would return. It would also be flat when I woke up in the morning, and obviously when I ate it wouldn't be perfectly flat anymore. The puffiness I'm talking about is more than that, it's really round and distended and I really hate it. I've tried to avoid eating, then I tried eating recommended foods and drinks for bloated. I started taking a pro-biotic and eating a lot of yogurt, oats, and drinking chamomile tea. It's not as bloated, but my stomach is still not as flat as it was a couple weeks ago in the morning or after using the bathroom (sorry for that).

Do you think I just gained a little bit of weight in my stomach area? I've been working out the last few days because I really don't like this. Is there anything I can do, I mean I'm eating the same food I always ate and am even cutting out things like chocolate and cookies at school. Gosh it's just frustrating and I want my tummy back.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Did you find this post helpful?
|