Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Intestinal Disorders Forum

Diarrhea nightly for 3 days in a row? + Abdominal discomfort

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
Diarrhea nightly and abdominal discomfort/ "rumbling stomach" daily...for the past 3 days. It started on Sunday night. I had a case of diarrhea later at night, like 9-11, going 2 maybe 3 times total. It seemed to improve when I was closer to going to bed. The next day, no diarrhea or needing to go, but my stomach / intestine was rumbling, with the general feeling of activity in there. Gas throughout the day. It wasn't until nighttime again that i experienced more diarrhea, liquid mostly and kind of stringy (?) and yellow-brown in color. Same for Tuesday. Some times in the day I would feel bloating, gas, discomfort, a little cramping, and that same 'rumbly' feeling. I can just feel it... it's hard to explain. A lot of internal activity in the bowels. Then, Tuesday night, more diarrhea, not yellow or stringy, but expelled quickly and easily like water. It scared me a lot.

It's possible that I may have IBS.... when I was in middle school my stomach would hurt every day around the same time... I drank milk a lot then which probably didn't help either... I seem to have an irregular digestive system; with sometimes 3 or 4 days between a bowel movement... diarrhea probably more frequent than most people but still this is quite irregular even for myself and it concerns me. I'm hoping this is not something deadly, or something that won't go on forever...
Did you find this post helpful?
|