Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

diarrhea and soft stool

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
im 18 but started with it when i as 17 1/2. I knotaced that in early morning before school certain things i ate would make me have to take a bad crap like mac n cheese or cookies or somthing for a while. Well then back last may I woke up in the middle of the night with really bad direa. It lasted over a month. Then for a few days it was really dark green and not direa. Then it was normal crap mixed with direa. It seemed to have a yellow slime in it and kind of smelt like fish to me. I had direa on and off for probably 2 months. After that my crap been really soft. Also after I eat I have to go right after normaly and notaced that eating differant times of the day its worse like in the early morning and late night. I was on melatonin to help me sleep for 2-3 years before that. I read on the label and it says "Discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur, such as gastrointestinal discomfort". I was on them for almost a year since my crap been funny. I just stopped taking them about a month ago after reading that thinking maybe its the reason and few days after I stopped my crap seemed kind of normal or at least thats what i thought. But its still pretty much the same always really soft n kind of burns. I also knotaced that when it is close to normal that some times theirs white stuff on it. Not covered but a few spots of this white fuzzy looking slime stuff and when i wipe some times have the yellow slime stuff. I get alot of gas after eating and its normaly pretty stinky scared

Also starting a month or 2 ago I knotaced that my pee has been really yellow and cloudy. I also knotaced that when i eat beef roast and then pee i can smell the smell of beef roast in my pee. scared

Whats it sound like?

*Also around 6 months before my crap symptoms I got thrush in my mouth and then got on pills to get rid of it. The doctor says its gone but theirs still yelowish/whitish stuff on my toung that starts after the first inch.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 28th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Did the doctor find the underlying condition that has caused oral thrush?
Which antifungal drug you were receiving?
What kind of bowel movements you have now?
|

replied March 28th, 2008
It was caused from huffingblast off/duster 1 time. Didnt tell the doctor that. He just thought it was from the pills I was taking. And i still have yelowish/whitish on my toung. I remember reading that the color of your toung indicates whats going on in your body. I tole him it wasnt ever like that before and he just says its normal and it can be caused from brushing your toung to much. Confused I dont brush my toung ever and never see peoples toungs with this stuff on em.

After the thrush was gone I would get really bad sore throats for days and it wasnt normal sore throats it was really bad pain. Now only very seldom does my throat hurt. Another thing is I all a sudden have tmj jaw pain on the left side and my right ear gets plugged allot.

For the thrush I was using "clotrimazole troche".

As for bowel movements normaly I would have to go bad right after eating so 2-3 times. But laitly for the last couple weeks its been closer to normal and only like 1 time a day and its normaly right after eating. Certain foods make me have to go worse some dont really affect me much. Like I can eat a bunch of cheetos and not have to go. But like if i eat lasagna i have to go bad.
|

User Profile
replied April 3rd, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Thrush is a very common fungal infection, in most cases caused by Candida albicans, which is known as part of your normal oral flora (between 40 to 65% of the population, do have harmless candida albicans colonies in the mouth).
Illness, medications and lifestyle factors can contribute to an imbalance in the body which allows a previously harmless organism (Candida) to multiply and change.
Are you wearing dentures?
|

replied April 3rd, 2008
MandMs wrote:
Thrush is a very common fungal infection, in most cases caused by Candida albicans, which is known as part of your normal oral flora (between 40 to 65% of the population, do have harmless candida albicans colonies in the mouth).
Illness, medications and lifestyle factors can contribute to an imbalance in the body which allows a previously harmless organism (Candida) to multiply and change.
Are you wearing dentures?

No I dont have dentures I have all my teeth and all in good condition.

I looked up what you said "Candida albicans" and that sounds alot like what I might have. How do they diagnose me? Can I just tell them what been going on and tell them I think I have Candida albicans and get on some pills or somthing?
|

User Profile
replied April 14th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
In your previous post you said that you got thrush from huffingblast off/duster and your doctor thought was due to pills you were taking. So, I'm interested what kind of pills you were taking then? Were you taking antibiotics before oral thrush appeared? Was diarrhea preceded with antibiotics intake?

Your doctor already treated you with antifungal drugs. You should inform him that you are experiencing throat pain. This could mean that the infection has returned even it's had been treated. Oral thrush can spread to the back of your throat, causing painful swallowing and feeling of something stacked in your throat.
|

replied April 14th, 2008
MandMs wrote:
In your previous post you said that you got thrush from huffingblast off/duster and your doctor thought was due to pills you were taking. So, I'm interested what kind of pills you were taking then? Were you taking antibiotics before oral thrush appeared? Was diarrhea preceded with antibiotics intake?

Your doctor already treated you with antifungal drugs. You should inform him that you are experiencing throat pain. This could mean that the infection has returned even it's had been treated. Oral thrush can spread to the back of your throat, causing painful swallowing and feeling of something stacked in your throat.

I was on acne pills which he thought caused it and my mom new a person that got thrush from the same pills. I didnt start with diarrhea till like 9 months lator but during that 9 months I notaced eating early in the morning or eating certain things would give me direa.

I dont know but I think its Candida albicans. I looked up they symptoms and have alot of em like direa, constipation, my ears get muffled like when water is in them, Sore throats, eczema patch on my arm.

Theirs a few other symptoms I have but im not sure if its a symptom or just nothing like muscle twitching off and on during the day, always feel parnoid, my eyes seem funny some times seems like i see little white hairs fallingfrom the air or else I some times see what looks like a little black nat flying around in front of my face, 2 times in the last couple weeks I got a head ache for no reason and felt really light headed and like i had a fevor.

Ill be going to the doc saterday ta tell him I think I have Candida albicans and see if he will get me on pills.
|

replied November 2nd, 2011
for that candida the doctor wont do anything a bout it my best friend had it an most doctors dont think it exsist but it cause by eating any thing with sugar an thats almost every thing the diet they put her on was broiled fish or chicken an steamed veggies NO FRUIT BREAD RED MEAT ANY THING WITH FLAVOR really a shitty diet. an there is this stuff called oil of oregano smells an taste horrible but it helps. to test if u have candida wait till a couple hrs after u have eaten get a cup of water an spit in it if ur spit is really white an looks like there is strings hangin from it (look through the side of the cup) u prob have it. its cause by too much yeast in ur body it causes u to be parinoid have anxiety attacks lots of other stuff u can google the spit test to get exact directions hope this helps
|

User Profile
replied May 21st, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
How are you?
What kind of symptoms you have now?
|

replied May 21st, 2008
MandMs wrote:
How are you?
What kind of symptoms you have now?

Same ones as before still. Doc said it wouldnt be Candida albicans cause he says I would be deadly sick or ill if i did have it so he didnt let me try the pills. I did a blood and stool test and they found nothing.

New things that are happning that i was just at the doc for last night are my whole body tingling and going numb to the point I cant move my hands. Doc did blood tests and pee test for that also and found nothing. He cut off blood flow to one of my arms and it started tingling and my hand couldnt move and my fingers cramped together just like when I get tingly on my own. Now I have to see a neuroligest for that.
|

User Profile
replied May 26th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Do you usually feel like you still need to have a bowel movement after you've already had one?
Are you experiencing abdominal pain and cramping that may go away after having a bowel movement?
Do you suffer from acid reflux?
Was the tingling accompanied with other symptoms?
|

replied April 25th, 2009
soft stool, no diarrhea
Don't know if this will get attention, being a year behind, but it's so close to my problem, it seemed a good idea to try.

I had a 6-way bypass in May '08. Prior to that, I would experience alternating bouts of constipation and diarrhea. They released me with a complained about, but undiagnosed case of thrush. My D.O. diagnosed it two days after I left the hospital. Treated with diflucan, it went away quickly. I was left with two new conditions. One was a sensation every inch of skin had, like the final sense of novacaine before it completely wears off. Minor but present over my entire body. Second, my stool changed to soft, but not loose. The "novacaine" thing is mostly gone, but not totally. The stool situation remains constant. For a couple months after hospital, my stool had improved to normal. I was on a diet heavy on Ensure to help me regain weight and get proper nutrients. The soft stool shortly followed. It's always the same. Frequent urges that only produce partial evacuation. I'm a clean freak when it comes to bodily functions. It is very difficult to wipe enough to get clean, resulting in occassional surface bleeding. The type that shows up on the toilet paper, not in the stool. Lastly, long after a movement, I find external residue I constantly have to clean off. Only a shower will get it until the next movement. I would welcome diarrhea at this point. Medications are: Plavix, Simvastatin, Lovaza, Diovan, Synthoid, low-dose aspirin daily, and diazapam as needed but frequently. Hope you can suggest something. I am 61. Thank you.
|

replied November 3rd, 2011
I got a BlueBidet for my commode (for easy cleaning), and avoided anything with tomato in it for 3 months. It went away.
|