Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Diarrhea after eating

Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
User Profile
Hello I am a 38 year old female and I need some help I was told that I suffer from IBS but lately every time I eat wheat of any kind or something that contains wheat flour I get diarrhea my stomach cramps all the time I know some of this is stress but not all of it. my colon is fine I have had several coloscopys now I did have a hysterectomy when I was 30 could this have something to do with my digestive system now? tired of hurting:(
scrappersmommy39
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2009
While your symptoms could be secondary to IBS, you should undergo a thorough work-up by a GI physician to rule-out celiac disease, and other "food intolerance" disorders. (I doubt that your prior hysterectomy is the cause for the symptoms that you describe.)

Sincerely/ Robert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

http://doctorwascher.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.