Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

DIAGNOSIS OF HYPOTHYROIDISM BY LAB TEST NORMS

Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
I have reently tested my blood for thyroid function and found that my TSH level is high above the normal range of 0.3 to 3.0. The latest test reveals that my TSH level is 15.5, compared to the earlier test result of 21.1 taken in mid July, 2010. However, my family Physician did not advise me to go for treatement for underactive thyroid, since I have not felt any symptoms of hypothyroidism. Besides, the levels of T 3 and T 4 are well within the normal range despite the high level of TSH.

As I feel very comfortable with these levels and don't feel any symptoms of underactive thyroid, I also inclined not to go for any treatment.

I shall be very grateful, if you could kindly advise me whether I should start treatment immediately for hypothyroidism as per the lab value norm.

+
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 24th, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi dhan1live and welcome to ehealth: I would suggest you speak with your physician about any treatment...They are the only ones who know your health records and can give you good advice...Take care...

Caroline
|
Did you find this post helpful?