Medical Questions > Womens Health > Menstruation Forum

diagnosed with Vaginosis.

Must Read
Menstruation is a woman's normal monthly menstrual period. But what are the signs of abnormal periods? When is vaginal bleeding serious?...
Regular vaginal bleeding vagina is a sign of healthy menstruation. What signs and symptoms point to menstrual problems? Read on to learn the difference....
Menstrual irregularity means that something is wrong. Learn how to identify the signs and symptoms of an irregular period to prevent larger problems later...
User Profile
I went to the Doctor a couple weeks ago when I was diagnosed with Vaginosis. They took a urine sample first, but when they brought back the results they questioned the fact that there wasn't blood in the urine but at the time I was on my period. What could this entail? It scares me because I had some weird spotting a few days before I started my period. They didn't go into detail with why it may have been that way but I'm worried. I am currently on yaz birth control. Can you help?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 12th, 2011
Menstruation Answer A22879
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The midcycle bleeding/spotting could be due to hormonal contraceptive use, pregnancy, ovulation bleeding, hormonal imbalances etc. The exact cause can only be made out after careful examination and investigations. Wait and watch for your test results and periods. Consider using additional protection when having intercourse while you are on any other medications (especially antibiotics) as they can affect efficacy of your birth control and put you at risk for pregnancy. Be in regular follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Menstruation , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.