Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Multiple Sclerosis Forum

Diagnosed with Fibromyalga, but starting to think M.S. instead?

Must Read
Multiple sclerosis (MS) affects the brain and the spinal cord. But what is MS? And what types of MS do doctors diagnose? Basic facts on multiple sclerosis here....
Doctors know little about what causes multiple sclerosis (MS), but do understand the anatomy of the condition. Read one to learn about what happens during MS....
Symptoms of multiple sclerosis can be present during other medical conditions. Learn to identify early symptoms of multiple sclerosis, plus when to seek help....
When my first symptoms started I was having extreme pain in my legs from my knees down. The pain would get so bad that some days I wouldn't be able to walk. Then I started feeling pain in my knees. The pain then also went up to my upper back and my arms. Now I literally feel like I have pain from the tip of my head to my toes. My fingers hurt my toes hurt I have pain all over my body. So severe that it is affecting my motor skills. When my pain is really bad I walk funny and have a hard time standing on my legs. It feels like my legs are heavy or that my upper body can't handle the weight put on my legs. When I drive my right leg that I drive with will out of nowhere start having tremors so bad that I have to pull over. One day when I was out with friends at a club I hadn't even started dancing and all of a sudden both my legs started shaking while I stood there. It didn't stop for some time. Lately I have noticed the pain being a stabbing sharp shooting pain in my legs. But most of the time they just ache so bad. My legs get very weak at times. I've been noticing bruises on my legs also. I'm very sensitive to touch. It seems like I barely bang my leg and it hurts more than it should. Then I get a huge bruise the next day. The pain I've been feeling in my arms has caused extreme weakness. Like I have no strength to do simple things like pick up a glass cup. I notice I am a lot more clumsy with my hands. Sometimes when the pain is at its worst I have a hard time brushing my teeth, texting, or even pumping gas. And the weird part is the new tremors I am experiencing in my hands when I reach for something or when I hold my cell phone when in use. Sometimes my pain is so bad I can't walk or take a shower standing up and I just want to curl up in a ball and lay in bed. My head feels this sensation of pressure that is unreal. I even feel it on the back of my skull and around my jawline like face pressure. I am only 26 years old. I have been tested for Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis, had x-rays of my spine. Everything came out ok. My doctor diagnosed me Fibromyalga. I really don't think that is it because why would I have these tremors and why would this pain be affecting my mobility. I am really starting to think it is M.S. The way I have progressed within the past 2 years has been very fast. Do I have symptoms to feel the possibility of M.S.? What else could this be and what should I tell my dr? I go to physical therapy and take pain meds, but when my pain hits it hits hard and even the simpliest things become difficult. Anyone have any advice?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 7th, 2010
Experienced User
Hi Cali... I have a lot of these problems too and of course, all of the tests come up that there is nothing wrong with me. Its very frustrating & I do not have any advice for you other than keep track of all your symptoms & take the updated list with you every time you go see any kind of doctor. That is what I am doing so we'll see if it helps my docs get off their BUTT.
|
Users who thank cimtrbl2 for this post: cali_always 

replied August 27th, 2010
Ok when this all started I thought I had lymphoma at first. Then I was tested for lupus, rheumatoid arthritis all come back clear. So then I started thinking maybe multiple schlerosis. I'm about to have some blood work done to see if it could be it. Also going to be seeing if maybe fibromyalga. But for a while I also thought maybe it's my spine considering this odd look that my upper back has. Everyone told me it was cause I gained so much weight, but when I lost all the weight I still had the hunchback look. So, had some x-rays done today. Last time I did them it showed straightening of my spine. These last results show that my spine is now curving in the opposite direction. I have to do an M.R.I which I have been needing for some time now, but my insurance kept denying. So, now I really think this could be it I could be close to a real final diagnosis. I know it just has to be my spine. And I'm thinking either Spinal Stenosis or Cervical Kyphosis. I guess we will have to wait and see. I'm at the point now where I really am having trouble walking, grabbing and holding things, pins and needles sensations in my legs, extreme pain all over my body expecially my legs, arms, neck, and upper back. Not to mention weakness and fatigue. So when I finally find out I will post. And to the last person who replied don't ever give up and keep yourself informed. Research, write your symptoms down, and never let anyone tell you it's in your head good luck.
|

replied August 28th, 2010
My legs feel funny when I walk tight and stiff. I look down and notice they are starting to swell right above my knees. Should I be worried cause I'm not walking right and my legs are starting to look funny from my knees up. I can't wait to see what the M.R.I says.
|