Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Acid Reflux Forum

dexilant is no help, I smell the acid constantly...

Must Read
Almost everyone experience heartburn or acid indigestion at times. But what is acid reflux and how could it cause more serious problems?...
Can you tell the difference between common heartburn symptoms and signs of more serious digestive problems? Learn when and how to take action for acid reflux....
Heartburn is common, but it is not trivial. It's important to diagnose and treat heartburn or acid reflux as early as possible. Review diagnostic procedure now...
User Profile
I have had sinus problems and postnasal drip for a while now but I have just been diagnosed with severe acid reflux through a endoscopy and i am taking dexilant 60 mg but its no help...the back flow of the acid is so severe that it burns the back of throat and my nose cause me to smell the acid constantly. It causes me to have a very strong oder. I don't even have to talk for people to smell me. I have a tight pain in my left lower chest all the time. I also have bumps on the back of my throat and tongue is white. Is this because of the acid do you have any suggestions. I don't know what else to do i am waitting for the biopsy report.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 29th, 2012
Acid Reflux Answer A39908
Hello,

Welcome to ehealthforum and thanks for writing

Yes acid reflux can cause various issues and if very severe can lead to sinusitis and also effect the tongue and throat.

Regarding the white tongue and bad smelling breath can also be due to oral thrush which is a fungal infection caused by Candida fungus. Thrush appears as white patches in the mouth on the tongue, inside the cheeks, under the tongue, and in the back of the throat. I suggest you to get an examination done from your doctor and get a KOH examination of the scrapings done of these white coatings. This will confirm the diagnosis.

Since I am not examining you it is difficult to comment and give an exact diagnosis.Kindly wait for the biopsy report and take the prescribed medications.

Take care!

|
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Acid Reflux , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.