Medical Questions > Mens Health > Sexual Health - Men Forum

Desensitized penis

Must Read
Talking openly about the penis is a very personal matter. Learn basic penis anatomy to discuss penile disorders accurately with your doctor....
Penis symptoms that interfere with sexual activity or urination could be serious. Learn the signs and symptoms of penis problems that require a doctor's help....
How do urologists evaluate and diagnose painful penis? A penis disorder is a medical problem. Learn more about possible diagnoses for penis disorders now....
I find that I am able to achieve and maintain an erection easily with my partner. However, I receive little pleasure from oral sex and intercourse - in fact, it feels as though my penis is almost numb (though not quite). I am able to orgasm easily when I masturbate.

Could this be the result of chronic masturbation? Any suggestions to rectify the situation? I thought perhaps if I gave up masturbating, my penis would become sensitive to sensations other than my own hand.

Please help!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 30th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Your hand doesn't stimulate your penis in a different manner than a mouth or a vagina. All three use lubricated friction. The normal difference is pacing. With a partner you have less control over the speed and pressure applied to your sex. You may try different positions to find one the gives you more of the sensation you need.
The only way masturbation could have affected your ability to feel is if you injured yourself in the process. Have you ever had scarring or bruising on your penis after masturbation? Have you ever felt pain after masturbation?
|

replied October 2nd, 2009
Thanks for the reply. I have never injured myself in the process - no scarring, bruising, or pain during/after masturbation.

I'm thinking part of it is just the level of individual sensitivity of one's penis. There must also be a psychological component...
|

replied October 10th, 2009
Experienced User
Have you ever taken any type of anti-depressants? SSRI drugs will elevate prolactin levels and decrease penile sensitivity.
|

replied October 10th, 2009
Never.
|

replied October 13th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
Have you ever suffered from other skin disorders after childhood? Chronic rashes? Psoriasis? discoloration of the skin or unusual scarring?
|

replied October 13th, 2009
I had childhood eczema, which I grew out of. Nothing else to speak of however.

As a brief update to the situation:

I'm actually getting more pleasure from the non-masturbation activities now. The hand still feels best, but I think things are headed in the right direction.
|

replied November 22nd, 2013
The reason is because you are circumcised. I will go on a limb & assume you are, because I am and I have the same problem. The glans isnt the most erogenous part of the penis, and over time it becomes keratanized due to exposure to the elements, desensitizing it further.

The majority of erogenous tissue & pleasure zones on a man is in the foreskin, which its sole purpose is for sexual pleasure, as well as protecting the glans & keeping it sensitive.

Depending on how much foreskin was removed will equal how much sensitivity & pleasure you will loose.

Its a hard truth to swallow & too many people deny & ignorantly dismiss it, but that is the truth of the matter.

There are ways to help though, just google foreskin restoration & sen-slips. They can help bring back some sensitivity that has been lost due to keratanisation.

Take care & all the best
|