Medical Questions > Mental Health > ADD and ADHD Forum

Depression

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
Hi. I am a 17 year old High school student. I live with my mom and step dad. I have average grades and a few friends. I have a problem. Though I have read up on most cases of ADHD and all of them say that depression is related to the disorder i feel it getting worse with each day. I am in therapy once a week since i go to work and go to school. It doesn't really help anything. I always feel alone and isolated even when I am around people. I have very low self esteem and have no hope in my life. I am also dealing with an over weight issue. I am trying everything i can to fix these problems but I feel no matter what i do or how hard i try it's not making a difference. I have talked with my parents and my therapist about it but they don't know how to help. Please help. I don't know what else to do and I don't have a lot of money.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 12th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
hey sorry to hear about your problems hun i think you need to talk closer with your therapist and tell her that you need help in trying to feel better about yourself, or try and talk to your friends about it ask them questions about yourself and ask them to chat back to you to help build your self esteem good luck hun Jenny
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Users who thank J3nnyuk for this post: SnuggleBear