Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Depression Question

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
I was on phentermime for 8 months and recently got off phentermine 2 1/2 months ago. I was having a hard time at first with tiredness etc but it passed after the first 2 weeks.

Recently I have had severe mood swings and depression which I have never had this bad before. I did not know if maybe it was long term phentermine withdrawal?

One other possibility is that January this year I also had a paragard copper IUD inserted. I thought my periods would get better but they have only gotten worse and so horrible it kept me from work. I was reading reviews of women who mentioned mood swings and depression from this IUD. I feel like ever since I got it that I cry all the time and I am wry sensitive and emotional. How would i be able to know which one is messing with my mental health?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2017
Depression Answer A61748
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. IUD is not a contraceptive method of choice and should be replaced with barrier methods like condoms and diaphragms. Your issues will resolve however you need alot of psychotherapy sessions and a good antidepressant.

I hope it helps. Please consult your doctor as our advice is just for education purpose only.
Regards
Khan

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.