Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

depression, PTSD, and a new relationship...

Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....
User Profile
I have PTSD due to a hip injury 4 months ago & have been given tablets which I cannot take as I developed a phobia last yr. Having CBT but I don't think this is helping. Please help me I feel suicidal but cannot carry this through as I don't want to be worse off than I am now. Previous partner told an anti social lie, which is still affecting me. We had 14 yrs togeteher. Trying to form new relationship with another man but he does not think it is serious & I should move on. So I cannot grieve in front of him. I am also childless.I found it hard to look at happy families, now it will kill me. I don't want to adopt or foster. The surgeon told me the capsule was intact & fracture stable & all is healing well. But, I want to die. I wish I died on Operating table. Please help me. I feel my life is worthless & frightened of possible future complications. I already have other health issues. Please help me.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 13th, 2015
Anxiety and Stress Answer A51384
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

Based on the history you described, it appears to be major depressive disorder especially if the symptoms have been present for over 3 months. Please consult a psychiatrist to admit you in this initial phase. Suicidal ideations can occur in Major Depression and can be managed. SSRIs can be advised accordingly when all factors related to your pain and mental status are assessed.

wishing you best of health

thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.