I m posting this question on behalf of my Younger brother who is 20 years old.
My brother is having depression problem since last 3 years, it has happened due to failure in the 12 examination, he tried 3 times again to give exam but has not been succeed. His Main problem in his words is
1. I am having very much headache when i try to do some work which requires thinking.
2. I can not sleep calmly, many dreams are coming and going, when i wake up i still fell uneasy and lazy
3. I can not take decisions very properly, some times i very strongly decides to do something but can not implement it into the action.
4. I feel very uneasy from inside, always feel anxiety whole day.
5. Feel like crying every now an then.
Please suggest how can we cure this problem.
The symptoms your brother reported might be related to mood disorders. Depression combined with anxiety is one of the possible diagnoses.
However, it might need longer period of evaluation by psychiatrist to give the exact diagnose and treatment. He might also want to visit a psychotherapist to learn to live with the problems more easily.
In the end, please remember that the therapy might have side effects that might make your brother to refuse taking the therapy for longer period. However, this condition is not treated easily and not taking the therapy all the time might not show the best effects.
"Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals.
For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our
medical experts page.
You may also visit our Depression , for moderated patient to patient support and information.
The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician.
Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.